A barista works behind the coffee shop counters. They make coffee, food, and juices for customers while managing other food counter tasks.
Even if you are passionate about coffee and competent at brewing great coffee, this job can still be a challenge for you.
You will require exceptional communication skills along with customer service acumen.
The following is a sample barista resume to guide you on how to write a good resume.
Barista Resume Sample
32 Crescent Lane, New York, NY 26448
♦♦♦ BARISTA ♦♦♦
Professional Barista with a passion for all things coffee.
Ambitious and creative Barista with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in coffee making and brewing. Substantial knowledge of various coffee types and their characteristics.
Known for increasing the ratio of returning clients owing to a friendly personality and warm customer service skills. A very hardworking and punctual individual who has a neat appearance. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|– Coffee types and features||– Coffee brewing|
|– Espresso blends||– Latte and fudge art|
|– Inventory management||– Communication|
|– POS System||– Customer service|
|– MS Office applications||– Cash handling|
• Increase returning customers ratio by 20% owing to effective coffee making and customer service skills.
• Note orders and serve coffee, food, and beverages in a timely fashion.
• Make coffee using many brewing methods such as pour over, espresso and cold brew.
• Open and close the coffee station.
• Assist in menu setting and determining coffee types.
• Communicate with customers, note their preferences and take feedback.
• Perform cashiering in addition to inventory handling tasks.
• Monitor wastage and record consumption of items.
• Maintain cleanliness of counter and bar.
• Introduced the concept of a customized coffee cup, increased customer base by 50% as a result.
• Delivered exceptional service to patrons, therefore, attained the “most dedicated employee award”.
• Managed service beverage and coffee bean counters in busy hours.
• Checked taste of coffee in order to ensure quality.
• Kept track of customer preferences.
• Offered customized cups of warm and cold coffee as per taste.
• Maintained adequate stock of materials at the coffee bar.
• Developed professional relationships with guests and coworkers.
• Supplied food and beverage items to the service areas.
• Stocked refrigerators and salad bars with items frequently.
• Swept and cleaned service areas while emptying trash cans.
• Maintained accurate records of items sold.
Springwood High School, New York, NY – 2007
New York Food Handler’s Card – Current
I am very expert in handling high volumes with high energy.
Excellent professional references available
Barista Resume Qualifications
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
• Relevant Certifications such as TIPS in compliance with local Health codes
• Ability to lift, pull and push heavy loads
• Work in extreme temperatures
• Communicate effectively in verbal and written English (Bilingual Preferred)
• Follow and execute directions
• Work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
See more information on the US Bureau of Labor Statics Website