So you are one of those individuals who have a passion for coffee and addicted to the aroma released by blending fine coffee beans? If yes, then a position as barista is the right career for you. A barista is the individual behind the coffee shop counters who makes numerous cups of coffee for customers on daily basis.
Even if you posses a passion for coffee and competent at brewing great coffee, this job can still be a challenge for you. This is due to the fact that coffee making skills aren’t the only ones needed from the ideal candidate. The position also requires exceptional communication skills along with customer service acumen.
Following is a sample resume for barista position. This example will guide you how to write a good resume.
32 Crescent lane, New York, NY 26448
Cellular: (008) 333-2322 | Residence: (004) 455-8484 | Email: maggie.klien @ email . com
♦♦♦ BARISTA ♦♦♦
Professional Barista with passion for all things coffee.
Professional Summary: Ambitious and creative Barista with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in coffee making and brewing. Substantial knowledge of various coffee types and their characteristics. Track record of increasing the ratio of returning clients through friendly and warm customer service. Very punctual individual who has a neat and tidy appearance. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|● Coffee bean types and features||● Coffee brewing|
|● Espresso blends||● Latte and fudge art|
|● Inventory management||● Communication|
|● POS System||● Customer service|
|● MS Office applications||● Cashiering|
• Enhance the number of returning coffee customers by 20% through effective coffee making and customer service skills
• Attain the most dedicated employee award in 2014
• Note orders and serve coffee, food and beverages to guests in a timely fashion
• Make coffee using a number of brewing methods such as pour over, espresso and cold brew
• Open and close the coffee station
• Assist in menu setting and determining coffee of the week regularly
• Communicate with customers, note their preferences and take feedback
• Perform cashiering and inventory management tasks
• Monitor wastage and record consumption of items
• Maintain cleanliness of counter and bar
• Introduced the concept of customized coffee cup, wherein the customer gets to choose all preferences starting from the choice of coffee bean to the cup
• Delivered impeccable and exceptional service to patrons
• Managed service beverage and coffee bean counters simultaneously
• Checked taste of coffee to ensure quality
• Kept rack of customer preferences and offered customized cups of warm and cold coffee as per taste
• Maintained adequate stock of materials at the coffee bar
• Developed professional relationships with guests and coworkers
• Supplied food and beverage items to the service areas
• Stocked refrigerators and salad bars with items
• Swept and cleaned service areas and emptied trash cans
• Maintained accurate records of items sold
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Current New York Food Handler’s Certification
G.E.D | Springwoods High School, New York, NY – 2007
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
Maggie is very expert in handling high volumes with high energy …
– David Johnson, Senior Manager, Starbucks New York