A barista resume is a 1-2-page document that clearly, concisely, and strategically present your qualifications as a barista to get a recruiter interested in meeting you. It should convey your work experience and the most relevant skills.
In addition to that, a barista resume contains information about what you accomplished professionally in the past in a manner that also illustrates what you can do for an employer in the future.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for Barista Position?
Here are some tips on how to write a good barista resume and what to include.
- Start and close your resume with a headline.
- Include a barista summary or barista objective statement, depending on the level of your experience.
- Add your skills and qualifications information.
- Emphasize your accomplishments as a barista, as well as your most relevant experiences.
- Tailor your resume as per the requirements of the employer.
- Keep your barista resume clear and concise.
The following are 2 barista resume examples to guide you further on how to write a good resume.
Barista Resume Sample 1
10+ Years’ Experience
32 Crescent Lane, New York, NY 26448
♦♦♦ BARISTA ♦♦♦
Professional Barista with a passion for all things coffee.
Ambitious and creative Barista with 11+ years’ hands-on experience in coffee making and brewing. Substantial knowledge of various coffee types and their characteristics. Increased the number of returning clients by 50% at ABC Company through customer service and communication skills. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Espresso blends – Inventory Management
Coffee brewing – Latte and fudge art
Starbucks, New York, NY
2016 – Present
- Increase 5-star ratings by 80% owing to effective coffee making and customer service skills
- Note orders and serve coffee, food, and beverages
- Make coffee using many brewing methods such as pour-over, espresso, and cold brew
- Open and close the coffee station
- Assist in menu setting and determining coffee types
- Communicate with customers, note their preferences and take feedback
- Perform cashiering in addition to inventory handling tasks
- Monitor wastage and record consumption of items
- Maintain cleanliness of counter and bar
ABC Cafe, Jersey City, NJ
2009 – 2016
- Introduced the concept of a customized coffee cup, increasing the customer base by 50%
- Delivered exceptional service to patrons, therefore, attained the “most dedicated employee award”
- Managed service beverage and coffee bean counters in busy hours
- Checked taste of coffee in order to ensure quality
- Kept track of customer preferences
- Offered customized cups of warm and cold coffee as per taste
- Maintained adequate stock of materials at the coffee bar
- Developed professional relationships with guests and coworkers.
Chartwells, Grand Falls, IN
2008 – 2011
- Supplied food and beverage items to the service areas
- Stocked refrigerators and salad bars with items frequently
- Swept and cleaned service areas while emptying trash cans
- Maintained accurate records of items sold
Springwood High School, New York, NY – 2007
New York Food Handler’s Card – Current
- POS System
- MS Office applications
- Well-versed with coffee types and features
- Hardworking and punctual
- Neat appearance
“I am very expert in handling high volumes with high energy.”
Barista Resume Sample 2
1-9 Years’ Experience
44 Cooper Road, Elizabethtown, KY 09988
Committed to providing world-class customer service to contribute to the overall success of Cafe.
Seasoned and creative Barista with over seven years of experience working in high-end coffee shops. Exceptionally talented in preparing popular blends of coffee, latte, and espresso by following set standards and protocols. A quick-learner and team-player who can go above and beyond the call of duty.
Coffee Blending | Order Taking
Food Safety & Hygiene | Food Preparation
Counter Operations | Cashiering Services
Cleanliness and Sanitation
Communication | Customer Service
Starbucks, Elizabethtown, KY
8/2018 – Present
- Greet customers on the coffee counter and inquire into their choice of coffee blend
- Assist customers in determining the right type of coffee blend according to their specific tastes
- Take orders for coffee and food items and ensure that they are properly recorded
- Relay food orders to the backend and prepare coffee and smoothie orders at the coffee counter
- Coordinate efforts with the kitchen staff to ensure that food orders are delivered on time
- Serve coffee and food orders and ensure that any additional requirements are serviced immediately
- Keep a close watch on the coffee supplies inventory and inform the procurement manager of any low stock situations
- Devised a novel coffee blend that became popular amongst the local, bringing $2000 additional revenue per month
- Suggested acquirement of a temperature-device that helped maintain the serving temperature of different coffee blends
Captain Cook’s, Elizabethtown, KY
2/2016 – 8/2018
- Assisted waiters by following up on food orders and serving large orders to patrons
- Cleared tables while cleaning and sanitizing them
- Adequately stocked condiments counter
- Communicated any low stock items to the manager
- Substituted and worked doubled as a waiter due to staff shortage
- Implemented a series of inventory and stock management directives, resulting in increased efficiency of both systems
High School Diploma
Elizabeth High School, Elizabethtown, KY
COMPUTER & LANGUAGE SKILLS
- POS System
- MS Word and Excel
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
“I sell and share my knowledge with customers and coworkers, relate easily to others, and build rapport – I deliver.”