A barista resume is a 1-2-page document that clearly, concisely, and strategically present your qualifications as a barista to get a recruiter interested in meeting you. It should convey your work experience and the most relevant skills.
In addition to that, a barista resume contains information about what you accomplished professionally in the past in a manner that also illustrates what you can do for an employer in the future.
How to Write an Excellent Resume for Barista Position?
Here are some tips on how to write a good barista resume and what to include.
- Start and close your resume with a headline.
- Include a barista summary or barista objective statement, depending on the level of your experience.
- Add your skills and qualifications information.
- Emphasize your accomplishments as a barista, as well as your most relevant experiences.
- Tailor your resume as per the requirements of the employer.
- Keep your barista resume clear and concise.
The following are 2 barista resume examples to guide you further on how to write a good resume.
Barista Resume Sample 1
10+ Years’ Experience
32 Crescent Lane, New York, NY 26448
♦♦♦ BARISTA ♦♦♦
Professional Barista with a passion for all things coffee.
Ambitious and creative Barista with 11+ years’ hands-on experience in coffee making and brewing. Substantial knowledge of various coffee types and their characteristics. Increased the number of returning clients by 50% at ABC Company through customer service and communication skills. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Espresso blends – Inventory Management
Coffee brewing – Latte and fudge art
Starbucks, New York, NY
2016 – Present
- Increase 5-star ratings by 80% owing to effective coffee making and customer service skills
- Note orders and serve coffee, food, and beverages
- Make coffee using many brewing methods such as pour-over, espresso, and cold brew
- Open and close the coffee station
- Assist in menu setting and determining coffee types
- Communicate with customers, note their preferences and take feedback
- Perform cashiering in addition to inventory handling tasks
- Monitor wastage and record consumption of items
- Maintain cleanliness of counter and bar
ABC Cafe, Jersey City, NJ
2009 – 2016
- Introduced the concept of a customized coffee cup, increasing the customer base by 50%
- Delivered exceptional service to patrons, therefore, attained the “most dedicated employee award”
- Managed service beverage and coffee bean counters in busy hours
- Checked taste of coffee in order to ensure quality
- Kept track of customer preferences
- Offered customized cups of warm and cold coffee as per taste
- Maintained adequate stock of materials at the coffee bar
- Developed professional relationships with guests and coworkers.
Chartwells, Grand Falls, IN
2008 – 2011
- Supplied food and beverage items to the service areas
- Stocked refrigerators and salad bars with items frequently
- Swept and cleaned service areas while emptying trash cans
- Maintained accurate records of items sold
Springwood High School, New York, NY – 2007
New York Food Handler’s Card – Current
- POS System
- MS Office applications
- Well-versed with coffee types and features
- Hardworking and punctual
- Neat appearance
“I am very expert in handling high volumes with high energy.”
Barista Resume Sample 2
1-9 Years’ Experience
44 Cooper Road, Elizabethtown, KY 09988
Committed to providing world-class customer service to contribute to the overall success of Cafe.
Seasoned and creative Barista with over seven years of experience working in high-end coffee shops. Exceptionally talented in preparing popular blends of coffee, latte, and espresso by following set standards and protocols. A quick-learner and team-player who can go above and beyond the call of duty.
Coffee Blending | Order Taking
Food Safety & Hygiene | Food Preparation
Counter Operations | Cashiering Services
cleanliness and sanitation
Communication | Customer Service
Starbucks, Elizabethtown, KY
8/2018 – Present
- Greet customers on the coffee counter and inquire into their choice of coffee blend
- Assist customers in determining the right type of coffee blend according to their specific tastes
- Take orders for coffee and food items and ensure that they are properly recorded
- Relay food orders to the backend and prepare coffee and smoothie orders at the coffee counter
- Coordinate efforts with the kitchen staff to ensure that food orders are delivered on time
- Serve coffee and food orders and ensure that any additional requirements are serviced immediately
- Keep a close watch on the coffee supplies inventory and inform the procurement manager of any low stock situations
- Devised a novel coffee blend that became popular amongst the local, bringing $2000 additional revenue per month
- Suggested acquirement of a temperature-device that helped maintain the serving temperature of different coffee blends
Captain Cook’s, Elizabethtown, KY
2/2016 – 8/2018
- Assisted waiters by following up on food orders and serving large orders to patrons
- Cleared tables while cleaning and sanitizing them
- Adequately stocked condiments counter
- Communicated any low stock items to the manager
- Substituted and worked doubled as a waiter due to staff shortage
- Implemented a series of inventory and stock management directives, resulting in increased efficiency of both systems
High School Diploma
Elizabeth High School, Elizabethtown, KY
COMPUTER & LANGUAGE SKILLS
- POS System
- MS Word and Excel
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
“I sell and share my knowledge with customers and coworkers, relate easily to others, and build rapport – I deliver.”