Gone are the days when employers accepted resumes with self-centered objective statements which expressed a passion to learn and grow on behalf of the organization. Today is the era of employer centered objectives. Prospective employers need to know what your skills are and how exactly the organization can be benefited from the same.
In fact, hiring mangers are not interested in what you want, and how much you have a desire to learn or grow by joining their organization. Rather, they want to know what you will bring to them. There are many ways to build employer-centered objectives. Following is a list of these objectives for the position of barista. Each statement or couple of statements is followed by a brief discussion.
See also: Barista Cover Letter
The most popular objective writing style is to begin with two or three qualifications that are of interest to the employer and then narrowing down the statement to land focus on the target position and target organization.
• Cheerful, energized and friendly barista with 3-plus-year hands-on experience in coffee making, serving and customer care seeking a position with Starbucks. Special talent for latte and fudge art.
• A well groomed and seasoned barista who is committed to make exceptional coffee and provide outstanding customer services. Seeking employment as a barista at Starbucks.
Simple and straight forward objectives are evergreen. These are not only shorter in length but serve the purpose nicely as well. State the position you are seeking followed by the results you would like to bring.
• Seeking a barista position at AA Cafe where exceptional skills in customer service and coffee making can be utilized for enhancement of business and promotion of the coffee station.
Following are some examples of relatively more employer focused objective statements. These are definite winners since they automatically shift the whole focus on to the employing organization. By creating a very good impression right from the start, such statements definitely force the employer to read through the rest of your resume as well.
• To work for the LA Coffee Bar in the capacity of Barista. Offers matchless coffee making and presentation skills, exceptional latte art to supplement coffee beverages and professional work ethic.
• Looking for a position as a Barista at Shelton Hotel. Bringing excellent coffee preparation and service skills, precedence of customer preferences accompanied with knowledge regarding specifications of various types of coffee beans.
• Seeking the position as a barista at ABC Company. Bringing a variety of coffee brewing skills and techniques coupled with proficiency in delivering high quality customer care, catering for individual customer preferences in form of personalized coffee cupping.