Starbucks is one of the leaders as far as coffee vending is concerned in the United States of America. The company hires many people at different positions around the country, baristas being the ones who are highest in number. Starbucks baristas are responsible for brewing and serving coffee to customers. They are the first point of contact for customers and are trained to be very friendly and efficient in their service.
Since Starbucks is a big name, every employee associated with the company needs to possess exceptional customer service skills to keep the company’s fame at the top. Customers identify companies by the quality of service that they have been provided with and it is important for Starbucks baristas to live up to these expectations.
Coffee is probably the most popular drink in USA and much stress is placed on making it just right. People will pay a visit to their nearest Starbucks outlet during breaks from work, before they begin working and on their way home. Baristas working at Starbucks need to create the “Starbucks experience” for customers which means provision of legendary and prompt customer services.
Baristas working at Starbucks performs the following job duties on a typical work day. These statements might be utilized when preparing a resume.
• Greet customers as they arrive at the Starbucks outlet and inquire into their orders
• Provide customers with information on popular coffee blends
• Assist patrons in finding seats inside the coffee shop and take their orders
• Educate customers about the history of each coffee blend when inquired
• Take orders and punch them in the coffee shop database
• Provide customers with price information and billing stubs
• Give samples of popular coffee blends with a view to creating sales opportunities
• Offer customers demonstrations using brewing equipment
• Brew coffee per instructions while ensuring that each brew conforms to the standards set by Starbucks
• Serve brewed coffee and ask for feedback
• Ensure that any complaints are entertained in a positive manner with a view to keep patrons happy and ensure recurring business
• Take payments for coffee sold and tender change
• Ensure that Starbucks merchandising and signing standards are followed appropriately
• Ensure cleanliness and sanitization of all work areas
• Make sure that coffee brewing equipment is cleaned, sanitized and maintained properly on a constant basis
• Make minor repairs on coffee brewing equipment
• Ensure that sufficient supplies are available and inform procurement officers of any shortages
• Make sure that coffee blends are stored in a safe manner
Last updated on