Coffee is probably the most famous drink in the USA, and much stress is placed on making it right. People usually visit their nearest Starbucks outlet during breaks from work before they begin working and on their way home.
Starbucks is one of the leaders as far as coffee vending is concerned in the United States of America. The company hires many people at different positions around the country, baristas being the ones who are highest in number.
Starbucks baristas are responsible for brewing and serving coffee to customers. They are the first point of contact for customers and are trained to be very friendly and efficient in their service.
Since Starbucks is a big name, every employee associated with the company needs to possess exceptional customer service skills to keep the company’s fame at the top.
Because customers identify companies by the quality of service, therefore it is vital for Starbucks baristas to live up to these expectations.
See also: Cover Letter for Starbucks Barista
Baristas working at Starbucks performs the following job duties on a typical workday. These statements might be utilized when building a Starbucks Barista resume.
Starbucks Barista Duties & Responsibilities
• Greet customers as they arrive at the Starbucks outlet and inquire about their orders.
• Provide customers with information on favorite coffee blends.
• Assist patrons in finding seats inside the coffee shop and take their orders.
• Educate customers about the history of each coffee blend when inquired.
• Take orders and punch them in the coffee shop database.
• Provide customers with price information and billing stubs.
• Give samples of popular coffee blends to creating sales opportunities.
• Offer customer demonstrations using brewing equipment.
• Brew coffee per instructions while ensuring that each brew conforms to the standards set by Starbucks.
• Serve brewed coffee and ask for feedback.
• Keep patrons happy in order to ensure recurring business.
• Take payments for coffee sold and tender the change.
• Follow the Starbucks merchandising and signing standards.
• Ensure cleanliness and sanitization of all work areas
• Make sure that coffee brewing equipment is cleaned, sanitized, and adequately maintained on a constant basis.
• Make minor repairs to coffee brewing equipment.
• Ensure the availability of sufficient supplies.
• Inform procurement officers of any shortages.
• Make sure that coffee blends are stored in a safe manner.