There is evidence that shows that resumes that have been written from scratch are the ones that are accepted as written by well-qualified candidates.
What exactly is this evidence?
The fact that interviews (and eventually jobs) are offered to those candidates whose resumes are considered complete and targeted.
This just goes to say that generic resumes don’t work anymore – one size does not fit all!
Here is a targeted resume sample for a registered veterinary technician (RVT) that should provide you with some ideas on how to write one:
See also: Sample RVT Resume
RVT Resume Sample
78 W Chicago Street ● Rapid City, SD 67803 ● (000) 102-2027 ● wilhen @ email . com
REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
Competent and experienced Registered Veterinary Technician with 6+ years’ proven track record of evaluating and scheduling workdays to anticipate the arrival of patients and assisting with appointments and work-ups to maintain veterinary doctor’s flow of work.
• Demonstrated expertise in recognizing patients with contagious diseases and effectively following isolation procedures.
• Highly skilled in assessing patients’ needs making recommendations for health care services and products.
• Effectively able to handle animal patients by employing compassion and patience, focusing on their mental and physical wellbeing.
• Proven track record of efficiently collecting case histories and coordinating patient admissions and boarding services.
|• Pet Examination||• Admission/Boarding||• History Recording|
|• Livestock Supervision||• Pet Medication||• Pharmaceutical Vending|
|• Documentation||• Condition Monitoring||• Disease Control|
|• Premises Sanitation||• Procedural Assistance||• Pain Control|
Registered Veterinary Technician | 4/2014 – Present
Pets and Vets, Rapid City, SD
• Save a 3-week old kitten from dying (who had been run over by a car), by employing immediate emergency procedures.
• Modernize pet/patient registration process by implementing an online system that also saved registration time.
• Welcome patients (pets and their owners) to the facility and provide them with required facility and services information.
• Register patients by taking their information and recording medical histories.
• Inquire into the status of vaccinations and create patient charts.
• Schedule appointments and handle veterinary doctor’s calendars.
• Assist in diagnostic, medical and surgical procedures by using a range of technical diagnostic equipment.
Registered Veterinary Technician | 11/2011 – 4/2014
City Co, Rapid City, SD
• Streamlined a series of emergency program procedures including shock assessments and control of hemorrhage, which resulted in increased incidents of successful emergency procedures.
• Reined in a wildlife park animal maintenance project, involving direct animal care and surgical support for hurt or diseased animals.
• Prepared examination and surgical rooms by ensuring that all equipment and supplies are available.
• Maintained information on preventative healthcare to provide advice to pet owners for homecare.
• Created and maintained the inventory of pharmaceuticals, equipment, and supplies used in surgical and medical procedures.
Veterinary Assistant | 2/2010 – 11/2011
Rex Animal Healthcare, Rapid City, SD
• Greeted animals and their owners and provided them with support in filling out admission or registration forms.
• Responded to queries over the telephone and in person regarding facility and its services.
• Prepared examination rooms by ensuring that proper sanitation procedures are followed.
• Ensured that all needed supplies and equipment were present in examination rooms.
• Created and maintained patient files and records in both paper and electronic form.
Animal Sciences Board of South Dakota, Rapid City, SD – 2010
Registered Veterinary Technician
Rapid City High School, Rapid City, SD – 2009
High School Diploma