How to Write a Great Resume for Buyer Position?
Cover letters and resumes for a buyer position are the very first documents you need in your job hunting process.
When writing a Buyer Resume, it is important to highlight your strengths and qualifications that match the exact requirements of the prospective company.
Besides, it is also essential to select a suitable format and template for a Buyer Resume.
Remember that you are selling your skills and you have to market them well because the competition is usually fierce.
You must create good bullet statements and phrases in your resume because that will show positive vibes to the employer and double your chances of being called for an interview!
Recommended: Cover Letter for Buyer Resume
The following example resume for a buyer job will assist you with writing a winning resume.
Buyer Resume Example
6 Garden Ave
Parkville, MD 99998
Bringing experience in procurement and expertise in dealing with commodity markets to maximize efficiency.
- Practive and results-driven individual with 9-plus-years of extensive experience working as a Buyer.
- Highly skilled in planning, organizing and procuring merchandise.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that the highest quality products are purchased.
- Hands-on experience in coordinating and negotiating with suppliers to provide fair pricing.
- Thorough understanding of quality and delivery protocols in compliance with company requirements.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Market Analysis
• Price Conflict Resolution
• Sales Evaluation
• Strategic Development
• Quantity Revision
• Revenue Enhancement
• Merchandise Display
• Trend Anticipation
- Negotiated the best prices and terms which reduced costs by $20000 in a single year.
- Ensured the timely delivery of commodities.
- Acquired particularly rare and expensive equipment on the standard price.
- Analyzed consumer buyer behavior, increasing savings by 30%.
- Effectively coordinated the logistics costs to increase efficiency.
Aquain Suppliers – Parkville, MD
Aug 2017 – Present
- Make decisions regarding buying, communications, and negotiation
- Develop source strategies
- Identify potential sources
- Manage quotations
- Assign long-term contracts
- Interface with purchasing locations
- Prepare purchase orders and requests for quotes
- Consult, confer and meet with suppliers to obtain product information
- Physically buy merchandise and equipment
Nexera – New York, NY
Jan 2012 – Aug 2017
- Generated reports in MS Excel and performed data entry functions
- Monitored attainment towards procurement goals
- Verified, entered, updated, and expedited purchase orders
- Communicated with suppliers for quotations
- Handled conflicts or questions on price and specifications
- Processed change orders
Bachelor of Business Administration
Parkville City College, Parkville, MD
Major: Supply Chain Management
Minor: Sales and Marketing
- Procurement Software
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-motivation
- Problem-solving and project management