Where resumes are concerned, you can never give them enough thought. It does not matter how much information you have placed in other sections of your resume – of the resume objective is missing, you may be looking at a missed opportunity. This is not to say that resumes without objectives are not worth anything but those with them, are given higher consideration.
Only until a few years ago, it was alright to create a resume that didn’t boast an objective. Now, it is considered a professional sin to leave out the objective especially if you are an entry level candidate or career changer. The reason is simpler than you think – it is not exactly great fun reading dozens of resumes for the same position – simply because they say the same thing. Employers look for people who think out of the box. If your resume is one which shows that you are someone who isn’t part of the masses, you will be considered a better option to hire than someone who is basically a run of the mill person.
An assistant buyer resume objective provides you with a chance to brag about your abilities in a way that no other section on a resume does. This is because you have to be targeted in all other sections – in the objective section, you can basically talk about everything, including your accomplishments and skills. On to the best part of this read now – examples of objectives!
• Dependable Assistant Buyer with 4-plus-year track record in buying merchandise as well as analyzing and managing inventory data looking for a position at Havana Jeans. Able to effectively reach out to suppliers in order to meet the company’s buying needs and replenish stock inventory.
• Adaptable and versatile Assistant Buyer, seeking a position at Free People. Eager to bring a track record in determining product mixes and maintaining and monitoring purchase orders, consolidations and allocations.
• Desire a position as an Assistant Buyer at Forever 21. Offering expertise in analyzing markets and providing observations of market to assist in determining targets.
• To obtain a position as an Assistant Buyer at Urban Outfitters providing benefit of skills in identifying and recommending new products and business opportunities, including making recommendations to assist buyers in developing seasonal product mixes.
• Competent and efficient Assistant Buyer desire a position at Zegna. Bringing strategic and analytic capability aimed at corresponding with functional areas to ensure that all buying activities are coordinated appropriately.
• Committed Assistant Buyer with 6+ years’ extensive experience in recommending and creating product mixes according to the specific requirements of target markets. Effectively able to establish and maintain communication with vendors and negotiate terms such as prices, quantity and payment terms.