Buyer positions are prevalent in retail, healthcare and education arenas. Their basic job is to purchase quality goods or merchandise on a reasonable price. They work in almost every industry from fashion to pharmaceuticals to technology.
Since the term buyer is a widely used for people working in a purchasing environment, their skills largely depend on how well they know the products that they are paying for. An employer hiring a buyer will need to ensure that he possesses the product knowledge already or is capable of learning how to procure a particular product.
The basic personality trait of a buyer should be love of procurement! There is no better way to put this. Since buyers work in a multitude of professional settings they need to ensure that their personality matches with the challenges of this often tiresome but intriguing work.
If you are looking for a job as a buyer, you will need to ensure that the resume in question depicts your skills in identifying the right items and buying it at the proper price. Let us have a look at what a buyer’s resume objectives should be in conjunction to relevant skills and experience.
• Quality-focused Buyer seeing a position with Mount Sinai Medical Center utilizing exceptional skills and abilities in standard buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries.
• Detail-oriented professional looking for a full time position as a Buyer where strong expertise in identifying the right items and ensuring that they correspond with set protocols will be utilized to streamline buying procedures.
• Competent, dependable buyer seeking a position with ABC Company. Offering superb buying skills and eye for future trends to develop, implement, and manage effective commodity strategies.
• To work for Mount Sinai Hospital as a Buyer. Bringing 6+ years’ experience in evaluating and selecting suppliers, negotiation of supply agreements, and rationalization of the supply base to procure on the most favorable prices.
• A position of Buyer with NBC Universal utilizing my strong capabilities and experience in purchasing materials at the lowest cost in harmony with quality, reliability of source and urgency.