Fill a page with all the qualifications that you have. Then write another list of experiences that you can rely on, and relate them to each other. What do you have?
A complete recipe for a resume objective! How is that! Retail buyer resume objectives are notoriously difficult to write. One never knows exactly what it is that one must write. It is a constant struggle. However, with this method, the struggle is limited to the writing part only – the magic of fingers on a keyboard!
Your resume objective is about you to a certain extent. But it is about what you can do for the employer, owing to the skills and qualifications that you have. So while it may be technically about you, the benefit needs to be for the employer. But then, you too will gain out of it – just don’t mention your own gain.
As the beginning of your resume, the objective holds a special place. It defines the route that your retail buyer resume will take, so it needs to be headed in the right direction.
Your choice of words matters tremendously. Refrain from using “I” and “me” as you don’t want to sound selfish. Focus on the skills that you have which are relevant to the position that you are applying for. Be direct and informative.
Do not dillydally – no one has the time to guess what you want to say.
For a retail buyer’s position, the following resume objectives will work well:
• Results-driven Retail Buyer looking for a position, using exceptional ability to achieve sales plans, profit margins, turnover and returns through effective business sagacity.
• Perceptive and disciplined professional seeking a Retail Buyer position with Key Retailers. Bringing a solid track record of building comprehensive understanding of markets and competitors and indulging in retail buying activities to meet these demands.
• Desire a Retail Buyer position with Rack Morfin. Offering 9+ years’ experience in identifying new suppliers and negotiating contracts to meet the company’s budgeting requirements effectively.
• To work for North 40 Outfitter as a Retail Buyer. Documented success in handling product lifecycles from inception to release phases. Able to efficiently negotiate category buys and adjustments and handle seasonally planned sales by following set company protocols.
• To obtain a position as a Retail Buyer for Spectrum Brands. Geared to utilize category management skills to deliver against brand volume and profit objectives.
• Looking for a position as a Retail Buyer at Adidas by employing expertise in building and leveraging relationships with cross-functional teams, including buying, planning and marketing staff members.