Experience is something that we rely on quite a lot when we apply for an assistant buyer job – especially where writing resumes are concerned. Because let’s face it – resumes are typically huge documents that require a lot of information to make them complete. Yes, that is the general consensus. This may be true but it isn’t always this way. Resumes that are written for entry level positions cannot be written in the same way as regular resumes.
An entry level resume for assistant buyer position is actually easier to write. There is very little that one has to write but whatever does get written, needs to be absolutely relevant. For instance, a regular resume cannot do without the achievements and experience section. But a candidate who is applying for a first job doesn’t have experience (and isn’t really accomplished in the work arena) so what will he do? He will simply leave these portions out, making the resume a shorter document.
But short does not mean that it has to be ineffective. A resume, no matter what level, has to be complete. Here is a sample resume for an entry level assistant buyer position:
901 Gray Street ● Blairsville, PA 28511 ● (000) 121-1010 ● emmcar @ email . com
Summary: Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. In-depth knowledge of buying procedures in a retail environment. A productive and adaptable individual who is capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely manner.
• Adept at reviewing requisitions and developing specifications to permit competitive procurement of goods
• Highly skilled in analyzing customer buying patterns through thorough research
• Proficient in creating product mixes according to seasonal and retail demands
• Qualified to maintain records of all transactions and ensuring that orders are delivered on time
SPECIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• Product Assortments||• Future Trends||• Vendor Relations|
|• Site Auditing||• Markdowns/Consolidations||• Product Prioritization|
|• Replenishment||• Business Analysis||• Price Negotiation|
Blairsville Business School, Blairsville, PA – 2015
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Macy’s, Blairsville, PA (1/2016 to 6/2016)
Retail Buying Intern
• Assisted buyers in developing product mixes by keeping seasonal requirements in check
• Created weekly reports regarding bestsellers and recaps and ensured that all transaction documentation was completed
• Handled stock control and negotiated prices with vendors to meet the company’s budgeting allowance
• Coordinated with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of products
• Kept track of exchanged or refunded merchandise and inspected them for flaws or damages
• Performed research to determine additional sources to for specific products
STRONG REFERENCES available