How to Write a Medical Billing and Coding Resume?
When writing a Medical Billing and Coding Resume, you should remember that the use of correct keywords in a resume is essential.
Most companies receive thousands of resume and store them electronically with a system that picks out the ones that have the correct keywords.
In this digital era, the candidate who conforms gets in – and the one who doesn’t well, we know what happens to him!
Take a look at the following sample resume for a Medical Billing and Coding position which will give you an excellent idea how to write and what to include in a resume for medical billing and coding positions.
See also: Medical Billing and Coding Cover Letter
Medical Billing and Coding Resume Sample
736 Linn Avenue NE – Albuquerque, NM 54874
Medical Biller & Coder
Poised to make the most of experience in code punching, reconciling insurance and resolving account-related concerns.
• Over 12 years of hands-on experience working in Billing and Coding field
• Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
• Extremely familiar with medical terminology
• Computer – MS Office Suite, MediSys, and QuickBooks
BILLING AND CODING EXPERTISE
- ICD-9 Coding
- CPT-4 Coding
- Billing Regulations
- Outpatient/Inpatient Facility Coding
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Highly skilled in translating codes into insurance company’ preferred coding systems.
- Able to perform charge review, claim submission, claim follow-up, payment posting, and patient statements.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing appropriate claim documents.
- Proficient in assigning appropriate medical codes to diagnosis and services.
- Successfully managed billing services for 52 patients in a single day without any errors
- Obtained honors after on the job training for medical coding
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Metropolitan Business Solutions – Albuquerque, NM | Jun 2008 – Present
- Code records by following prescribed coding standards such as ICD-9 and CPT
- Review physician notes and obtain necessary clarifications where necessary
- Ensure signatures on all medical records
- Assign appropriate medical codes to all diagnosis and services
- Prepare appropriate claim documents
- Follow up with insurance companies and ensure that all claims come to fruition
MedSynergies – San Antonio, TX | Sep 2005 – Jun 2008
- Performed day to day functions associated with coding, abstracting and revenue cycle
- Reviewed patient records for proper documentation
- Assigned ICD-9-CM codes for procedures and diagnoses
- Entered and verified abstract data elements
Associate of Science in Medical Coding
San Antonio City College – San Antonio, TX – 2005
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A highly motivated person with a positive approach
- Proven ability to speak in a confident and assertive manner
- Exceptional telephone etiquette
- Medical Billing and Coding Skills for Resume
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Resume Sample
- Achievements for Medical Billing and Coding Resume
- Medical Billing and Coding Interview Questions and Answers
- Medical Billing Resume No Experience