Medical billing and coding is a technical field.
Therefore one needs to receive some formal training in order to qualify for a medical billing and coding position.
In order to make a lasting impression, your resume for a medical billing and coding position needs to be topped with a compelling performance summary.
How to Write a Medical Billing and Coding Resume Summary?
• Include these four elements in your summary: the number of years of relevant experience, formal certifications in the field, relevant skills and industry worked in previously.
• Choose the best points of your profile and include them into your summary statement.
The following are some sample resume summary statements that will give you ideas to build your own medical billing and coding resume summary:
Medical Billing and Coding Resume Summary Examples
• Highly-skilled and driven Medical Billing and Coding Specialist with 5+ years’ track record of generating accurate and properly coded medical bills. Proficient in using ICD-10 and CPT to submit insurance claims. Expertly handles unpaid account collections and answers patient’s billing queries.
• Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist working in hospital settings for the past 7 years. Well-versed in coding clinical diagnosis, preparing and abstracting medical data for insurance claims and handling client queries and complaints regarding the same. Exceptionally skilled in appealing and handling unpaid or denied claims.
• Over 10 years of experience in the field of medical billing and coding with a strong background in ICD 9 and 10, CPT and HCPCS. Remarkable interpersonal and communication skills. Matchless ability to verify and forward patient’s medical insurance claims based on coded medical diagnostic data.
• Certified medical coder and biller with 4+ years of experience in the ICD9/10, CPT and HPCS. Proven skills in providing accurate coding on the patients’ medical diagnosis and treatment based on received medical record to forward and process appropriate invoices. Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
• Results-driven, accurate medical billing and coding professional with a strong knowledge of medical terminology and universal protocols based on formal coding systems. Adept at maintaining records of the medical services received by patients and generating coded bills and invoices based on the same.
• Top-performing medical billing professional with 10 years of experience in clinic and hospital medical billing and coding. Strong proficiency in ICD-10 based coding procedures and insurance claim protocols. Adept at dealing with patients’ insurance claims and abstraction of clinical information.
• Certified patient account technician with hands-on experience in medical billing and coding procedures. Strengths include coding and documentation auditing, insurance claims verification and assigning appropriate codes to diagnosis based on ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT.