Medical billing and coding is a technical field and one needs to receive some formal training in order to qualify for a medical billing and coding position. To make a lasting impression, your resume for a medical billing and coding position needs to be topped with a smashing performance summary.
Here are some useful tips in this regard:
• Include these four elements in your summary: number of years of relevant experience, formal certifications in the field, relevant skills and industry worked in previously.
• Skim out the best of your profile and blend it into your summary.
• State your catchiest qualifications in this section.
Following are some sample resume summary statements that will give you ideas as you set out to build your own medical billing and coding resume summary:
• Highly-skilled, talented medical billing and coding specialist with a track record of generating accurate and properly coded medical bills for the past 5+ years. Proficient in using coded data to submit insurance claims, handling unpaid account collections and answering patient’s billing queries effectively.
• Certified medical coding and billing specialist working in a hospital based medical settings for the past 7 years. Well-versed in coding clinical diagnosis, preparing and abstracting medical data for insurance claims and handling client queries and complaints regarding the same. Exceptionally skilled in appealing and handling unpaid or denied claims.
• Over 10 years of experience in the field of medical billing and coding with strong background in ICD 9 and 10, CPT and HCPCS. Remarkable interpersonal and communication skills with matchless ability to verify and forward patient’s medical insurance claims based on coded medical diagnostic data.
• Certified medical coder and biller with 4+ years of experience in the field. Proven skills in providing accurate coding on the patients’ medical diagnosis and treatment based on received medical record to forward and process appropriate invoices.
• Results-driven, accurate medical billing and coding professional with a strong knowledge of medical terminology and universal protocols based on formal coding systems. Adept at maintaining records of the medical services received by patients and generating coded bills and invoices based on the same.
• A tenacious medical billing professional with 10 years of experience in hospital based medical billing and coding. Strong proficiency in ICD-10 based coding procedures and insurance claim protocols. Adept at dealing with patients’ insurance claims and abstraction of clinical information.
• Certified patient account technician with hands-on experience in medical billing and coding procedures. Strengths include: coding and documentation auditing, insurance claims verification and assigning appropriate codes to diagnosis based on ICD 10, HCPCS and CPT.
Last updated on