Billing representatives are responsible for collecting all outstanding payments within an office setting.
Their primary role is to ensure that they keep track of all accounts that owe money.
To be able to write a resume for this position, it is important for the candidate to portray some skills and background in billing and accounting.
Take a look at an example of a resume for a Billing Representative position.
Billing Representative Resume Sample
12 Blossom Farms Drive, Howell, MI 88873
(949) 999-9879, Email
Bringing accounting background and detail-orientation, to provide time-efficient billing services.
• Over 13 years’ experience working as a billing representative.
• Ensured a 33% increase in outstanding bill payments, by incorporating easy payback plans.
• Assisted in designing and implementing a billing database, which brought about consistency in work.
• Familiar with CPT-4, ICD-9, and Medical Office procedures.
• Hands-on experience in performing checks on accounts for claims for billing review.
• Well versed in analyzing and verifying dates of service and billed amounts.
• Working knowledge of medical and billing terminology.
• MS Word and Excel
• Billing Software
• Typing Speed: 55 WPM
Family Health Center – Howell, MI | 2008 – Present
• Prepare billing packets for QA review
• Maintain MIA report for all claims
• Call companies and individuals for bill payments
• Complete unbilled reconciliation on a daily and weekly basis
• Assess late fees and determine delinquency
• Design prudent plans to ensure payback
Billing Assistant – Part Time
Christiana Care Greenville, DE | 2005 – 2008
• Completed charge entries
• Closed journals
• Ran daily reports
• Assisted with collections and accounts receivable
Howell City School, Howell, MI
High School Diploma – 2005
“I am a courteous and flexible individual who has exceptional customer service skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.”