Cake decorators are talented individuals who decorate cakes and other confectionery products using a variety of tools and materials.
They work with fillings and icings to create confectionary masterpieces and are expected to know what kind of materials can be used on different types of cakes.
There is much competition between bakeries and specialty shops with so many people learning the art of cake decoration and each one trying to create something different each time.
Resumes for creative jobs, such as of a cake decorator, can be written using a number of formats.
Many recruiters now tolerate and some even expect out-of-the-ordinary looking resume formats and candidates can now experiment with many unconventional formats.
See also: Cake Decorator Cover Letter
In fact, a cake decorator’s resume is nothing if it is not written creatively.
Cake Decorator Resume Sample
3902 Scenic Avenue, Silver Springs, NV 73939
Artistic and creative, a solid track record of designing and decorating cakes and pastries. Very effective in frosting and assembling special occasion cakes and desserts.
6+ years of experience in decorating cakes, cupcakes, and gingerbread using cake decoration icings and toppings in order to engender appealing designs. Employs a variety of modern techniques to decorate cakes, using food colors in the right quantities to make appealing icings and baking and decorating fondant cakes. Works collaboratively with other bakery team members to produce excellent results.
- Meeting deadlines
- Comfortable working independently
- Enjoy collaboration
- Quality standard maintenance
- Safety and sanitation
- Suggestive selling
Sweet Affairs, Silver Springs, NV | Jan 2014 – Present
- Introduce new cake-pops and differently flavored parfaits, increase sales $4000 per month.
- Implement a new sanitation program, improving health inspection scores by 80%.
- Confer with clients to determine their cake decorating needs
- Take orders from customers
- Bake cakes in accordance with customers’ specifications
- Provide information on different types of cakes and their appropriateness for different occasions
- Decorate cakes using a variety of icings and toppings
- Mix icings and use food colors in accordance with the orders placed
- Create fondants and shapes for special orders
- Served as part of the team that baked and decorated the National Flag Cake for a fourth of July government event.
- Organized workshops on cake decoration activities at the LV Cake Decorators’ Convention.
ABC Bakery, Silver Springs, NV | Oct 2011 – Jan 2012
- Decorated special order cakes for a big birthday party, serving up to 200 people
- Greeted customers as they arrive and interview them to determine their special baking needs
- Provided information on bakery products and their prices
- Rotated bakery products
- Used scales to weigh bakery products
- Took payments for bakery items sold
- Assisted in cake decoration activities
- Increased the sales of the bakery by $4000 per month by rotating bakery window displays on a constant basis in order to attract new customers.
- Trained 50 new hires for working as bakery clerks in the company’s outlets in three different states.
City Technical College, Silver Springs, NV – 2005
Specialized Courses in Cake Baking and Decoration