Cake decorators are talented individuals who decorate cakes and other confectionary products using a variety of tools and materials. They work with fillings and icings to create confectionary masterpieces and are expected to know what kind of materials can be used on different types of cakes. There is much competition between bakeries and specialty shops with so many people learning the art of cake decoration and each one trying to create something different each time.
Resumes for creative jobs, such as of a cake decorator, can be written using a number of formats. Many recruiters now tolerate and some even expect out-of-the-ordinary looking resume formats and candidates can now experiment with many unconventional formats. In fact, a cake decorator’s resume is nothing if it is not creative.
3902 Scenic Avenue, Silver Springs, NV 73939
(999) 999-9999, Email
Artistic and creative individual with a track record of designing and decorating cakes and pasteries. Very effective in frosting and assembling special occasion cakes and desserts.
Professional Summary: 6+ years of experience in decorating cakes, cupcakes and gingerbreads using cake decoration icings and toppings in order to engender appealing designs. Employs variety of modern techniques to decorate cakes, using food colors in right quantities to make appealing icings and baking and decorating fondant cakes. Works collaboratively with other bakery team members to produce excellent results.
• Meeting deadlines
• Comfortable working independently
• Enjoy collaboration
• Quality standard maintenance
• Safety and sanitation
• Suggestive selling
Sweet Affairs, Silver Springs, NV | Jan 2014 – Present
• Confer with clients to determine their cake decorating needs
• Take orders from customers
• Bake cakes in accordance to customers’ specifications
• Provide information of different types of cakes and their appropriateness for different occasions
• Decorate cakes using a variety of icings and toppings
• Mix icings and use food colors in accordance to the orders placed
• Create fondants and shapes for special orders
• Served as part of the team that baked and decorated the National Flag Cake for a fourth of July government event
• Organized workshops on cake decoration activities at the LV Cake Decorators’ Convention
ABC Bakery, Silver Springs, NV | Oct 2011- Jan 2012
• Greeted customers as they arrive and interview them to determine their special baking needs
• Provided information on bakery products and their prices
• Rotated bakery products
• Used scales to weigh bakery products
• Took payments for bakery items sold
• Assisted in cake decoration activities
• Increased the sales of the bakery by rotating bakery window displays on a constant basis in order to attract new customers
• Trained new hires for working as bakery clerks in the company’s outlets in three different states
City Technical College, Silver Springs, NV – 2005
Specialized Courses in Cake Baking and Decoration