Doing laundry can be the most tiresome household job but it needs to be done on a regular basis. And what better place to do it than at the local Laundromat?
It is easier to go to a Laundromat than doing laundry at home as there will be people to assist you in washing your clothes.
These people are known as laundry attendants who will oversee your washing and drying and in some instances, they will do the laundry for you.
Isn’t that absolutely amazing?
It is always a great idea to acquire some help while doing your laundry as it may seem like a simple job but it isn’t really.
Laundry attendants help you in identifying how different types of clothes should be washed.
While this too seems like an easy task, you may be quite baffled while separating colors and types of clothes and their washing and drying times.
Let us have a look at a list of duties that a laundry attendant performs. These phrases will be useful to create an excellent resume for the laundry attendant position.
Sample Job Description for Laundry Attendant Resume
- Deal with customers by greeting them and asking them their laundry needs
- Take a survey of the clothes that need to be washed
- Separate colored and white clothes and linens
- Make bundles of similar types of clothes and colors
- Ensure that whites are separated regardless of the type of clothes
- Ask customers their choice of detergent and softener
- Ensure that each pile of clothes is in a separate basket
- Tag each customer’s clothes separately
- Inspect each item for nicks, tears, or stains prior to washing and inform customers
- Load clothes in the washer and ensure that the right amount is loaded
- Fill washers with water and the appropriate amount of washing powder and softener
- Mix the right amount of bleach to ensure proper washing
- Lift washed items from the washer and place them in the dryer
- Ensure that that the right amount of items have been loaded into the dryer
- Set the dryer at appropriate drying time depending on the type of clothes
- Sort dried clothes and fold them appropriately
- Place folded clothes in the customers’ baskets in accordance to tags
- Make sure that the right quantity of clothes are returned to the customers
- Perform maintenance on washers and dryers on a regular basis
- Ensure that lint filters are changed at least once every day
- Clean washers and dryers after every wash
- Order washing supplies and keep track of supplies inventory