A laundry aid works in many different environments, such as hospitals, hotels, and residential facilities. The main work of a laundry aid is to perform daily laundry tasks in addition to other specific duties assigned by the laundry manager.
The work is tough because one has to go to different rooms to collect laundry. Similarly, they need to bring heavy loads to the washing areas.
A resume for a laundry aide position is an opportunity to impress prospective employers and persuade them to invite you for an interview. In your resume, summarize your qualifications and skills while highlighting relevant experiences.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for a Laundry Aide Position?
- Review some resume samples online
- Put the most important information first
- Use active words
- Bring attention to your relevant qualifications and achievements
- Proofread twice before sending it
- Send a Laundry Aide Cover Letter along with your resume
Below is a sample resume for your further guidance.
Laundry Aide Resume Example
Results-driven and hardworking Laundry Aide with 8 years of a thriving track record of performing a variety of laundry duties. Highly skilled in operating different types of laundry machines. Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job. Follow written and verbal instructions efficiently.
- Maintaining a high level of service standards
- Performing effectively without supervision
- Understanding of state policies and procedures regarding laundry protocols
- Keeping the resident’s information confidential
North Eastman Health, Houston, TX
- Transport laundry containers with soiled linen carts
- Operate different kinds of commercial washers and dryers
- Maintain precise records of linen inventory
- Clean and keep the laundry area in a neat and orderly manner
- Ensure the highest quality of service
- Create a caring and compassionate environment
New Community Corporation, Newark, NJ
2015 – 2020
- Maintained a sufficient supply of washing chemicals and other associated supplies
- Washed, dried, folded, and transported linen in keeping with procedures
- Kept record of the number of all clothes washed
- Ensured the availability of supplies of clean linens
- Transported soiled linen to the main laundry room
- Worked with the Workplace Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Performed repair and maintenance duties when required
Diploma: ABC School, Houston, TX
Strong professional references are available
Laundry Aide Job Description for Resume
- Look through work orders in order to determine where and when to pick up laundry.
- Pick up laundry from apartments or rooms.
- Provide receipts to guests or apartment owners.
- Provide return timelines, and respond to any questions or concerns that guests may have.
- Deliver dirty and soiled laundry to the washing area.
- Sort out clothes according to type, color, and special instructions provided by the guests.
- Load each pool into the washing machine.
- Set a timer according to the specifics of the clothes.
- Pour in water and detergent in the right amounts.
- Pour in fabric softeners at the right time.
- Adjust the washing machine gauges while ensuring their proper adjustment.
- Dry washed clothes by placing them in the dryer.
- Iron all clothes safely and adequately.
- Fold or hang clothes according to provided instructions.
- Made the clothes ready for delivery.