Resumes for store associate positions may be written in numerous formats including general or chronological, functional, CV, federal, skills, and targeted.
Apart from the format you prefer, it is essential to bear in mind that the ultimate goal of the store associate’s resume is to get you invited to an interview.
Your resume contains the qualifications, knowledge, skills, and work experiences that have prepared you for the store associate job.
You have to make your resume reader-friendly so that the employer will be able to find the most important information instantly.
On standard, employers spend 5-9 seconds looking at a resume at a first glance! Therefore, your resume has little time to make a big impression.
Below is an excellent example of a resume for a store associate position.
Pay attention to the writing style of this resume in addition to the format.
Related: Store Associate Cover Letter
Store Associate Resume Sample 1
35 Example Street, Dallas, TX 21410
Customer Service, Cash Handling, Retail Sales
• Over 6 years experience as a Store Associate
• Highly skilled in providing excellent service and greeting guests in the store
• Well-versed in balancing the inventory transactions
• Hands-on experience in handling the cash register
• Track record of providing information, responding to simple questions, and determining the nature of customer complaints
• Able to assist customers in handling heavy items
• Active Listening
• Verbal Communication
• Analytical Minded
• ‘Can-do’ Attitude
• Good Work Ethic
Batteries Plus LLC. – Auburn Hills, MI
2016 – Present
• Greet customers, find out their needs, and respond to their concerns
• Categorize daily recovery of displays to attain full store appearance
• Operate a computer and manual cash register to complete sales transactions
• Respond to phone and ensure messages are relayed
• Maintain retail shelf label pricing
ABC Company – Auburn Hills, MI
2012 – 2016
• Rotated and stocked inventory
• Loaded, unloaded, and arranged the delivery of products
• Prepared store for daily opening and closing
• Performed general cleaning functions such as sweeping and mopping
• Operated an electronic checkout system and verified the change
• Stocked shelves and coolers
Mention non-relevant employments in this section
Diploma: AA School, Dallas, TX, 2010
Driver’s license with a clean driving record
“I offer a profound ability to handle multiple tasks to efficiently prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines.”
Store Associate Resume Sample 2
5632 Halsey Road, Dover, DE 19025
walter @ email . com
• Resourceful and self-confident store associate with over 5 years of experience working in diverse retail environments. Effective and persuasive with a solid track record of meeting deadlines consistently.
• Excellent skills in sustaining the highest level of customer service by providing exceptional first-contact services
• Proven record of maintaining the store’s interior and exterior to conform to company standards in a bid to ensure consistency
• Unmatched ability to provide continuous attention to customer needs by providing prompt and courteous services
• Focused on ensuring product freshness by ensuring product date control and handling restocking activities
• Tier-one Support • Product Rotation
• Inventory Management • Procurement
• Safety Standards • Product Demonstrations
• Quality Control • Stocking and Rotating
• Shipment Accuracy • Aftersales Service
• Payment Processing • Store Maintenance
ABC Store, Dover, DE
5/2021 – Present
• Greet customers and provide them with information on special discounts and deals
• Determine customers’ buying needs by engaging them in conversation and eliciting information
• Lead or direct customers to their desired aisles and help them pick and choose products
• Provide product demonstrations and assist in understanding features and benefits
• Lead customers through the buying and payment procedures
• Ensure that sufficient items are stocked on shelves and that any insufficiencies are immediately catered to
• Rotate items according to their prices and expiry dates and ensure that any near-expiry items are immediately removed
• Confer with procurement managers to ensure the delivery of products in a timely manner
• Ensure the general cleanliness and maintenance of the store
• Met goals 100% throughout 2021 and 2022.
• Increased customer base by 30% within the first 6 months of being hired.
• Decreased inventory maintenance problems by 22% by implementing an automated inventory management system.
• Reined in a large merchandising event, which eventually raked in a business worth $3m.
Macy’s, Dover, DE
1/2019 – 5/2021
• Assisted customers in finding their choice of products
• Demonstrated product features and benefits to assist customers in making purchasing decisions
• Stacked items on shelves according to company procedures and discarded any expired ones
• Cleaned shelves and counters and assisted in physical inventory counts
• Set up merchandising displays by following visual merchandising concepts
High School Diploma
City High School, Dover, DE