Store Associate Resume Guidelines
Resumes for store associate positions may be written in numerous formats including general or chronological, functional, CV, federal, skills, and targeted.
Apart from the format you prefer, it is essential to bear in mind that the ultimate goal of the store associate resume is to get you invited to an interview.
Your resume contains the qualifications, knowledge, skills, and work experiences that have prepared you for the store associate job.
You have to make your resume reader-friendly so that the employer will be able to find the most important information instantly.
On standard, employers spend 5-9 seconds looking at a resume at a first glance! Therefore, your resume has little time to make a big impression.
Below is an excellent example of a resume for a store associate position.
Pay attention to the writing style of this resume in addition to the format.
Related: Store Associate Cover Letter
Sample Resume 2021 for Store Associate Position
35 Example 8th Street, Dallas, TX 21410
Customer Service, Cash Handling, Retail Sales
• Over 6 years’ experience as a Store Associate
• Highly skilled in providing excellent service and greeting guests in the store
• Well versed in balancing the inventory transactions
• Hands-on experience in handling the cash register
• Track record of providing information, responding to simple questions, and determining the nature of customer complaints
• Able to assist customers in handling heavy items
• Active Listening
• Verbal Communication
• Analytical Minded
• ‘Can-do’ Attitude
• Good WOrk Ethics
Batteries Plus LLC. – Auburn Hills, MI
2016 – Present
• Greet customers, find out their needs, and respond to their concerns
• Categorize daily recovery of displays to attain full store appearance
• Operate a computer and manual cash register to complete sales transactions
• Respond phone and ensure messages are relayed
• Maintain retail shelf label pricing
ABC Company – Auburn Hills, MI
2012 – 2016
• Rotated and stocked inventory
• Loaded, unloaded, and arranged the delivery of products
• Prepared store for daily opening and closing
• Performed general cleaning functions such as sweeping and mopping
• Operated an electronic checkout system and verified the change
• Stocked shelves and coolers
Mention non-relevant employments in this section
DALLAS CITY HIGH SCHOOL, Dallas, TX, 2010
Driver’s license with a clean driving record
“I offer a profound ability to handle multiple tasks to efficiently prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines.”