7-Eleven is a multinational chain of retail convenience stores. From grocery to daily use items and medicines, they sell it all. Such a diverse store requires very talented sales associates. The position offers a good salary and a great work atmosphere as well.
A 7-Eleven sales associate is generally responsible for greeting walk-in customers, guiding them toward the products they are seeking, and upselling various products through suggestive selling and persuasive skills.
Additionally, the sales associate may be required to maintain product displays, keep stock inventories, operate cash tills and POS, and process payment for sold goods.
Major skills required for this job include strong numeracy and communication skills, convincing power, organization, marketing skills, eye-hand coordination, and great physical stamina.
If you are seeking a job as a sales associate with 7- Eleven, you will need a good resume to apply for the job. Below are some useful tips that will help you in creating a great resume:
- Start your resume with a comprehensive career summary statement.
- Go through the job description provided by the recruiter and then write your skills and competencies.
- Include your professional experience and accomplishments.
- Keep your resume short, a maximum of one page in length.
- Choose a format that is simple, easy to read, and appealing to the eyes.
Here is a 7-Eleven sales associate resume sample for your further guidance:
Sample Resume for 7-Eleven Sales Associate Position
822 River View Lane
Tampa FL 33333
jeremy .rogers @ email . com
Passionate and outgoing sales associate with excellent people skills, and 5 years of experience in providing prompt, efficient, and productive customer service. Well-versed in product displays, upselling of products and services, and inventory management. Track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets with great margins.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SKILLS
• Proficient in creating appealing product displays to upsell various products.
• Sociable personality with strong communication and persuasive skills.
• Strong numeracy skills, and ability to produce accurate invoices and change.
• Well-versed in operating POS and conducting card-based transactions.
• Expert in suggestive selling.
• Profound ability to understand the customer’s needs and guide them accordingly.
Grocery Sales Associate
May 2020 – Present
Winn Dixie, Tampa FL
• Surpass 3 consecutive quarterly sales targets by more than $5000 through effective salesmanship.
• Actively assist walk-in customers in choosing the products, increasing the ratio of returning customers by 50%.
• Maintain product displays in a neat and clean condition, increasing shoppers’ interest.
• Update the stock inventory regularly to ensure the availability of goods.
• Open and close store on daily basis and balanced the cash at day end.
• Provide assistance to customers with the return and exchange of products.
March 2018- May 2020
Tyler Cash and Carry, Tampa FL
• Increased the sales of various daily-use commodities by 20% through promotional campaigns and suggestive selling.
• Greeted customers and provided them with the required information.
• Suggested suitable products for purchasing based on the customer’s needs.
• Operated POS for bill generation and charging.
• Maintained and created appealing product displays to upsell specific items.
• Processed return and replacement claims as per the policy of the store.
High School Diploma
St. Patrick’s Convent, Tampa FL
7-Eleven Sales Associate Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities of a 7-eleven sales associate. You can use some of these job description statements to build the experience section of your resume.
- Provide efficient, prompt, and courteous customer service to shoppers.
- Greet walk-in customers, and direct them toward their required aisle.
- Identify customer needs and suggest suitable products.
- Maintain appealing product displays for upselling various items.
- Generate invoices according to the purchase and operate POS as needed.
- Maintain the appearance of the assigned area.
- Update the stock inventory and issue low stock reminders timely.
- Meet the quarterly sales targets as assigned through referral and suggestive selling.
- Process warranty claims, return, and replacement requests where applicable.
- Perform product demonstrations for customers as required.
- Operate POS, receive cash from the customers, and produce the correct amount of change.
- Perform cleaning, moping, and dusting duties in the assigned area as required.
- Open and close the store according to shift timings.
- Replenish the stock on the assigned shelves in a timely manner.
- Keep track of expiry dates and sell the perishable items accordingly.
- Answer customers’ queries regarding store policies and procedures.
- Weigh, carry, and pack the purchased items in a hygienic and safe manner.
- Calculate the bill and charge the customers accurately according to applicable discounts on coupons and vouchers.
- Balance the assigned cash drawer at day end.
- Keep an eye out for security risks and help in preventing theft.
- Perform cashier duties including cash and card payment processing as required.
- Follow the workplace safety protocols issued by OSHA.
- Receive products from vendors and arrange them in racks after ensuring proper protocols.
- Respond to customer complaints and grievances in a professional manner.
- Keep track of product pricing and ensure the placement of correct price tags on all products.
- Maintain updated knowledge about store policies, ongoing discounts, sales, and promotional campaigns
- Maintain a sanitized, clean, and customer-friendly environment on the assigned floor.