Chemical lab technicians are chemistry graduates who mostly get on-the-job training.
Writing an entry-level resume for a chemical lab technician is somewhat tricky. Applicants are often blank about where to start and what to include in the resume.
In order to write an entry-level resume, you should focus on the skills and knowledge gained through your education. The main skills you need to present on your resume are your soft skills, willingness to learn, and your adaptability. Here are some useful tips in this regard:
1. Highlight your knowledge related to the field.
2. Start your resume with a career objective statement.
3. Mention any internship or volunteer experiences.
Entry Level Chemical Lab Technician No Experience Resume Sample
jacob .harrington @ email . com
Highly industrious and detail-oriented biochemistry graduate seeking a challenging entry-level position as a chemical lab technician with [Company Name]. CE Certified, ACS (American Chemists Society).
BS Degree in Bio-Chemistry
Gale College of sciences, Tampa FL
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of securing chemical samples, labeling them, and preparing them for analysis.
• Well-versed in making solutions of prescribed strength in lab settings.
• Adept at maintaining the equipment in functional order and calibrating the manual instruments as required.
• Knowledge of all FDA safety guidelines applicable in lab settings.
• Adept at conducting chemical specimen analysis and generating relevant reports.
• Well-versed in titration methods and chromatography-based studies.
• Strong picking power, and passion to learn new techniques.
INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE (Optional)
Chemical Laboratory Intern
Universal Labs, Tampa FL
Mar 2022- Feb 2023
• Performed chemical analysis of various samples according to given specifications.
• Assisted the senior chemist with detailed content analysis.
• Conducted culture studies on biological samples.
• Generated preliminary reports for review by the lead technician.
• Collected and processed chemical samples and prepped the same for analysis.
• Cleaned up the lab and all apparatus at day end.
• Kept record of supplies and maintained relevant inventory in an effective manner.
CE Certified, ACS (American Chemists Society)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Chemical Analysis • Solution Preparation
• Equipment Maintenance • Instrument Calibration
• Inventory Maintenance • Report Generation
• Chromatography • Titration Analysis
• Forensic Testing