Millions of people now work from home. Do they still need resumes? Yes, they do.
Even if you provide a service from the comfort of your home, you do need to let employer know about your existence.
Typically, you may be hired for a home-based job – such as that of a virtual assistant – through platforms such as Upwork and Allwriting. But you may also be hired the conventional way – through job advertisements in newspapers. Either way, a resume is a necessity!
For a virtual assistant resume, you will need to make sure that you write relevant content and skills. At this position, you may be hired for tons of things including customer services and administrative work, so each position that you apply for, needs a relevant resume.
Virtual Assistant Resume Example
897 Colonial Road ● Middlesboro, KY 55652 ● (000) 141-5474 ● laura.moore @ email . com
Meticulous professional with extensive experience in handling customer services and administrative work from a remote location. Effectively able to meet set deadlines and process information through well-honed research skills. Well-versed in providing quality administrative and customer service support through effectively handling remote office procedures and calls.
• First-hand experience in preparing timely and accurate presentations and reports using sophisticated software.
• Adept at completing assignments such as data entry work and transcription within provided timelines.
• Proficient in managing social media platforms and handling basic website maintenance and blog management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Inbound Calls Management||• Online Research|
|• Data Entry||• Business Scheduling|
|• Website Maintenance||• Travel Planning|
|• Emails Management||• Client and Partner Management|
|• Bookkeeping||• Business Chasing|
|• Proofreading and Editing||• Transcription|
• Handle correspondence and respond to inbound calls from customers
• Set up autoresponders to manage incoming email in a profound manner
• Book customers’ appointments and make follow up calls
• Handle calendar management duties by coordinating executives’ schedules and appointments
• Manage files in electronic forms using applications such as Dropbox and Googles Docs
• Handle database building duties such as updating email or contact lists
• Book hotels and flights for customers and ensure that they are made aware of the details
• Prepare slideshow presentations for executives and record minutes of meetings
• Set up and manage social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Publish blog posts and filter and reply to comments left on the blog
• Answer support tickets to resolve customers’ problems and provide additional information
• Continuously met data entry deadlines for 2 years, often entering more than a 1000 entries per hour
• Proofread and edited 115 blogs for the company, now being followed by 1.5m customers
• Received inbound calls for information regarding different companies on the Initiative panel
• Provided information regarding services and products and answered callers’ queries
• Assisted callers in resolving issues by troubleshooting their problems over the telephone
• Made outbound calls to prospective customers to provide them with information on the company’s products and services
• Handled incoming emails and support tickets by appropriately replying to them following company policy
• Introduced the idea of “festive correspondence”, which increased customer base by 44%
• Discovered 555 new authentic research avenues which contributed to a great increase in reliable information obtainment
MIDDLESBORO HIGH SCHOOL, Middlesboro, KY – 2011
High School Diploma