Are you looking to embark on a career as a server assistant? To help you on your journey, we have put together a comprehensive guide that includes a sample resume and valuable writing tips.
Crafting an impressive server assistant resume is crucial in showcasing your skills, experience, and professionalism to potential employers. Whether you’re a seasoned server assistant or just starting out in the industry, this resource will provide you with the tools and insights to create a standout resume.
Join us as we explore the key components and best practices that will make your resume shine. Let’s dive in and set you on the path to success in the hospitality industry!
Sample Resume for Server Assistant Position
76 7th Street, Atlanta, GA 87854
Dedicated Server Assistant with a Strong Commitment to Providing Excellent Service
Experienced server assistant with a strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills. Dedicated to providing a seamless dining experience for guests. Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to efficiently handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage service, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with a team to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate guest needs and provide exceptional service
- Proficient in taking orders accurately and efficiently
- Skilled in maintaining cleanliness and organization in dining areas
- Ability to handle cash transactions and maintain accurate records
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations
- Increased restaurant efficiency by 20% by implementing a new system for organizing and delivering food orders to tables.
- Consistently achieved a customer satisfaction rating of 95% or higher based on post-dining surveys.
- Successfully upsold specialty items and beverages, resulting in a 15% increase in revenue for the restaurant.
- Reduced customer wait times by 30% through efficient table turnover and coordination with the host/hostess team.
Fine Dining Restaurant, Atlanta, GA
2018 – Present
- Assist servers in delivering food and beverages to guests in a timely manner
- Set up and clear tables, ensuring cleanliness and readiness for the next guests
- Prepare and replenish condiments, napkins, and other necessary items
- Anticipate and fulfill guest requests, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable dining experience
- Collaborate with the kitchen staff to ensure accurate and prompt delivery of food orders
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace, including the service area and server stations
Casual Dining Establishment, Atlanta, GA
2016 – 2018
- Greeted and seated guests, providing menus and assisting with any inquiries
- Prepared and served beverages and appetizers
- Assisted servers in delivering food orders and clearing tables
- Maintained cleanliness and organization of the dining area
- Provided exceptional customer service, addressing any guest concerns or requests promptly and professionally
Food Handler’s Certificate
Smart Serve Certification
High School Diploma
Atlanta High School, Atlanta, GA
• POS System
• MS Word and Excel
“With my strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and ability to work efficiently in fast-paced environments, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset as a server assistant.”
Excellent professional references are available
How to Write a Professional Resume for a Server Assistant Position?
When it comes to crafting a stellar server assistant resume, here are some essential tips to consider:
1. Start with a strong summary or objective statement:
Clearly state your career goals and highlight your relevant skills and experience in a concise manner.
2. Emphasize your customer service skills:
As a server assistant, your ability to provide excellent customer service is crucial. Highlight your communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
3. Showcase your relevant experience:
Provide detailed information about your previous work experience in the hospitality industry. Mention your roles and responsibilities, including any specific tasks related to assisting servers or waitstaff.
4. Highlight your teamwork abilities:
In the fast-paced restaurant environment, teamwork is key. Demonstrate your ability to work collaboratively with other team members, both front-of-house and back-of-house.
5. Include relevant certifications or training:
If you have completed any relevant certifications or training programs (e.g., food safety or alcohol service), be sure to mention them on your resume.
6. Quantify your achievements:
Whenever possible, use numbers and statistics to showcase your accomplishments. For example, mention how many tables you assisted, the average number of customers served per shift, or any positive feedback you received from customers or supervisors.
7. Tailor your resume to the job description:
Customize your resume for each specific job you apply to. Study the job description carefully and highlight the skills and qualifications that align with the requirements of the position.
8. Proofread and edit:
Ensure your resume is free from any spelling or grammatical errors. It’s always a good idea to have someone else review your resume for a fresh perspective.
Your server assistant resume should be well-organized, easy to read, and tailored to the needs of potential employers. By implementing these tips, you’ll increase your chances of standing out and landing your desired job in the hospitality industry.
Server Assistant Job Description for Resume
When including the Server Assistant job description in your resume, remember to highlight your relevant skills and experience. Here is a template you can use:
- Assist servers in delivering food and beverages to guests in a timely manner.
- Set up and clear tables, ensuring cleanliness and readiness for the next guests.
- Prepare and replenish condiments, napkins, and other necessary items.
- Anticipate and fulfill guest requests, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable dining experience.
- Collaborate with the kitchen staff to ensure accurate and prompt delivery of food orders.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace, including the service area and server stations.
- Greet and seat guests, providing menus and assisting with any inquiries.
- Prepare and serve beverages and appetizers.
- Assist servers in delivering food orders and clearing tables.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the dining area.
- Provide exceptional customer service, addressing any guest concerns or requests promptly and professionally.
Server Assistant Skills for Resume
When highlighting Server Assistant skills on your resume, consider the following concise list:
- Customer service
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Food safety knowledge
- Physical stamina
- Cash handling
Including these skills will demonstrate your ability to excel in a Server Assistant role and will make your resume more appealing to potential employers.