The art of writing a resume summary statement is something that most of us find challenging.
But that does not mean that we cannot write a server resume summary or profile at all.
It means that we need practice and useful resources to help us write them. A few tips and tricks and some samples will help too.
How to Write a Professional Summary on a Server Resume?
- Mention two or three key skills that define you a great server. For example exceptional food service record or a strong buffet handling acumen.
- Write a couple of things that you enjoy doing the most. When you write a resume summary, you are not only making obvious how much you know but also how much you enjoy doing your work.
- Align your talents with the server job description provided by the recruiter. Identify the skills that the employer wants. Make sure that your summary is written in sync with their requirements.
12 examples of professional summaries for server resume are given below for your further guidance:
Sample Summary Statements for Server Resume
10 Experienced Server Resume Summary Statements
1. Self-motivated Server with 8 years’ successful track record of bringing recurring business by providing exceptional food service to restaurant patrons. Demonstrated strong knowledge of food and beverage products and great insight into suggesting complementing menu items. A dedicated hospitality professional who has a special talent for providing gracious service that builds guests’ intent to return.
2. Guest service-oriented Server with a strong desire to provide customers with the ultimate dining experience. Committed to maintaining the highest levels of professional excellence by ensuring that “customers come first.” Documented success in providing genuine hospitality while establishing long-term rapport with the patrons by delivering an exceptional dining experience. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
3. A dedicated, helpful food service professional with over 12 years of experience working in fine dining restaurants. Effective communicator who has the ability to up-sell menu items to patrons and provide them with viable food item suggestions, in accordance with their tastes. Track record of taking orders and collaborating with team members to serve food and beverages that exceed guests’ expectations.
4. An energetic and highly motivated individual with 5+ years’ extensive experience in the foodservice industry. Expertise lies in working in fine dining restaurants and providing top-notch customer services. Friendly and outgoing with a deep understanding of where to draw the line with customers.
5. A dependable and highly flexible individual with one year’s experience working at fast food and fine dining restaurants. Known for creating an atmosphere of enjoyment for customers by providing them with the highest quality of service at all times. Well-versed in food serving duties along with great expertise in food and wine recommendation.
6. Detail-oriented Server with 8+ years of extensive food service experience in busy hospitality environments. A proactive customer service expert who has a strong ability to prioritize workload efficiently. Positive can-do attitude. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
7. Honest, reliable, and polite restaurant server with a successful track record of ensuring that customers have an enjoyable dining experience, aimed at ensuring repeat business. A highly motivated team player who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced hospitality setting.
8. Positive and friendly Server poised to exceed the revenue of ABC Company using strong communication and customer service skills. Capable of working as a motivated team member or independently in a busy foodservice environment. Demonstrated expertise in suggesting food items to patrons in accordance with their specific tastes and special requests.
9. Dependable and driven Restaurant Server whose integrity and honesty increased ABC Restaurant’s profits within 3 months of employment. Exceptional knowledge of the foodservice industry with excellent skills in recommending food and wine recommendations.
10. Customer-focused server acknowledged for inspiring staff members to excel at providing exceptional customer services within the foodservice industry. Excellent communication skills along with deep knowhow of food safety and health policies.
2 Entry-Level Server Summary Statements With No Experience
11. Energetic food server with exceptional know-how of the hospitality industry. A reliable individual who has a special talent for providing exceptional customer service aimed at ensuring recurring business opportunities and customer retention. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in busy hours.
12. A versatile and hardworking Server with a practical hands-on approach, who always works hard to exceed the assigned targets. Exceptional insight into the foodservice industry with a deep know-how of food preparation and serving duties aimed at customer retention and repeat business opportunities.
A server resume summary is a brief overview of your resume. It highlights your experience, skills, and enthusiasm. In your summary, talk about your customer service skills, knowledge of food and wine, as well as interpersonal skills.
Because a well-written summary will force the recruiter to read the rest of your resume with interest, you must write it after much thought and deliberation.