There are two reasons for resume objectives to exist. They act as ice breakers and they provide valuable information regarding all that an individual is capable of, within a few sentences. Employers have a choice – they can either go through an entire resume, looking for information that they want specifically, or simply read the objective and get a solid whiff of what a candidate is capable of. Doing the former may not be such a welcome thought, which is why employers tend to look through objectives to decide if they should waste their time by going through long resumes.
In essence, resume objectives provide a summary of what the candidate is capable of, in addition to communicating his or her aspirations. The resume objective acts as an introductory paragraph, making your candidature come alive in front of an employer who has a dozen other resumes to look at. It is not very comforting to know that you have a lot of competition and that you may not be the best candidate out there. But remember that you can top the best candidates if you write your objective sensibly. A resume that begins on the right foot has a great chance of being accepted by the most unwilling of hiring managers.
Here are some examples of resume objectives for an optometric assistant position:
• Seeking an Optometric Assistant position at Allina Health utilizing exceptional skills in preparing patients for visual examinations, scheduling appointments and providing education to patients,.
• Top-performing Optometric Assistant looking for a challenging position with Bell Eye Care. Bringing over 7 years of experience in performing preliminary visual testing, auto refraction and pupil assessment. D
• Looking for a position as an Optometric Assistant using aptitude in preparing patients for examinations, leading them through testing processes and educating them about eye care procedures.
• Desire a position as an Optometric Assistant at Olsen Eye Care. Offers exceptional skills in preparing patients for tests and examinations, and explaining the purpose of each test, along with providing assistance to optometrists in handling the administrative end of their facility.
• Dedicated, resourceful and well-organized individual with over 6 years of experience in working as an Optometric Assistant, anticipating a position at Henry Ford Health System. Eager to apply expertise in performing preliminary eye tests, providing education to patients regarding their specific conditions, and preparing them for procedures and examinations.
• Optometric Assistant with deep insight into maintaining efficient patient flow, and preparing patients for optometric procedures, presenting seeking a position at Culinary Health Care.