Legislative assistants are responsible for assisting senior legislatures or elected house members in drafting, publications, and documentation of legislative practices.
The position demands strong analytical and communication skills in addition to excellent writing skills and know-how of lawmaking documentation protocols.
How to write an exceptional resume for the legislative assistant position?
If you are looking for some help to write an outperforming Legislative assistant resume, here are some useful tips.
1. Formatting: Choose a simple resume format that is reader-friendly.
2. Length: Average resumes are 1-page long. When you write lengthy resumes their chances of getting read slim down.
3. Focus: Highlight the skills and competencies stated in the job description.
4. Order: Write your relevant experiences in reverse chronological order (Recent experience should come first,)
5. Review: A resume with mistakes or typing errors creates a very negative impression so always get your resume proofread by a friend or family member before submitting it.
Here is a Legislative Assistant Resume Sample for your further guidance.
Legislative Assistant Resume Sample
922 North West Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 99444
(003) 222 . 4444
francis .hathaway @ email . com
Highly resourceful Legislative assistant with strong administrative and analytical skills. 15+ years of experience in legal research, drafting, and legislative support. Adept at working in fast-paced environments while meeting strict deadlines.
• Documenting and filing presentations and public correspondence
• Providing administrative support to legislative
• Preparing points for community meetings and court hearings
• Attending meetings on behalf of legislative
• Legislative research protocols and drafting principles
Raymond Law Chamber, Phoenix AZ
Aug 2018 – Present
• Achieve a reader list of more than 100,000 people for a newsletter edited and drafted for campaign purposes featuring the accomplishments of the senator.
• Raise more than $50000 for victims through a fundraising event.
• Draft memorandums, points for public communication, and policy outlines.
• Study all moves of competitive election campaigns and suggested counter strategies.
• Compile and conduct detailed correspondence on behalf of elected members with various individuals and organizations.
• Maintain a high-volume legislative database.
US House of Representatives
May 2007 – Aug 2018
• Successfully drafted a joint house resolution regarding immigration policies.
• Provided administrative and research-related support to the legislative.
• Gathered information from various sources to help in legislative research.
• Drafted key points for policy making, amendments, and court presentations.
• Researched various issues related to legislative policies and submitted drafts for the same.
• Communicated with district attorneys and board members regarding advocacy of human rights.
Associate’s Degree in Governance Law
International Law College, Phoenix AZ