A legislative aide or legislative assistant is responsible for composing, drafting, and editing legislative text.
In addition to the basic duty of conducting and compiling legal research, the position is also responsible for providing certain clerical tasks and providing administrative support to the legislative.
If you are applying for a Legislative Assistant position, it is highly advisable to send a customized cover letter with your resume.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for Legislative Assistant Position?
1. Start your cover letter with a clear subject line.
2. Supplement your profile by stating a few job-related accomplishments.
3. Highlight your key skills that align with the recruiter’s job requirements.
4. Always write a custom cover letter, well-tailored for the specific position.
5. Include some keywords from the job listing in your cover letter to optimize it.
The following is a Legislative Assistant Cover letter sample.
Legislative Assistant Cover Letter Sample
681River View Lane
steven .jordan @ email . com
August 27, 2022
Mr. Allen Walker
House of Democratics
71 Madison Avenue
Dear Mr. Walker:
Upon hearing about your Legislative Assistant vacancy, I was eager to contact you and share my interest. 5 years of experience in a similar role has trained me well for the job and my skills and qualifications align perfectly with your job requirements for the role.
As you can see, my profile offers a track record of succeeding in given tasks and exceeding the expectations associated with my role. While working as a Legislative Aide, I also covered a range of administrative tasks ranging from diary keeping and meeting scheduling to official correspondence handling.
Here are some examples of my potential as a Legislative Assistant:
1. Achieved a fan following of 1.5K subscribers on the official Twitter page showcasing political campaign activities.
2. Conducted various committee meetings and legislative research to draft and compile proposed legislation for employment benefits of the disabled which got accepted in the house.
3. Designed and implemented various survey designs to analyze and keep track of specific areas of problems, beliefs, and trends.
With great attention to detail, conducting accurate and quick legislative research is my key strength. Gifted with exceptional writing skills I find it very easy to outline the findings of all relevant research in an impactful and professional manner.
I strongly believe that a meeting with you at this point in time will prove to be mutually beneficial. Please feel free to contact me at (000) 666-9595.
Thank you for your time and consideration.