A home care aide helps clients and families with activities of daily living. They are responsible for dressing, ambulation, bathing, meals, elimination, and self-administered medicine reminders.
Additionally, they provide non-medical care and services to clients in keeping with the plan of care. As a Home Care Aide, your primary duty will be to provide clients with a strong sense of self-esteem and freedom.
How to Write a Professional Resume or Home Care Aide Position?
In your resume for the home care aide position, you will need to show home care aide skills, genuine interest in the well-being of clients, and the ability to create the right sense of companionship.
The following resume sample along with this Home Care Aide Cover Letter will help you build a job application that will meet the employer’s specific needs.
Home Care Aide Resume Sample
69 4th Street, Granite Bay, CA 62587
HOME CARE AIDE
Bringing a track record of providing quality companionship and care to clients.
Compassionate and driven Home Health Care Aide with a 9-plus-year proven track record of providing companionship and personal care to clients and assist them in adjusting to new lifestyles. Able to react quickly in emergency situations using sound judgment.
Known for treating clients, coworkers, and families with courtesy and respect. Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe working environment for self and clients. A reliable and energetic individual who is an expert in light housekeeping duties. Works effectively without any direct supervision. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS A HOME CARE AIDE
• Wrote the client’s condition report which was described as “timely and well researched.”
• Awarded a substantial pay bonus for treating difficult clients.
• Completed the Home Care Aide training course designed for full-time staff.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Home Care Aide
The HomeCare Source – Granite Bay, CA
Sep 2014 – Present
• Care for the clients during periods of family disruption and illness recovery
• Manage bedside care plans and assist clients with personal hygiene, toileting, and ambulation
• Perform light housekeeping tasks like cooking, cleaning, washing, and errands
• Instruct and inform clients on health care issues regarding hygiene and nutrition
Home Care Aide / Companion
Right Caregivers – Granite Bay, CA
Sep 2010 – Dec 2014
• Prepared and maintained records of client development
• Reported any variation in the client’s physical or mental health to the care manager
• Assisted clients in transportation using a car
• Provided clients with communication support
ABC HIGH SCHOOL, Granite Bay, CA
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Meal preparation/house cleaning
• Bathing, toileting, dressing
• Use equipment in a safe manner
• Follow care plans
• Client’s transportation
• Observe/report changes
• Principles of infection control
• Ensure the privacy of clients
• Handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Medication administration
HHA, First Aid, CPR
Current driver’s license with a clean driving record