Business travel is one of the basic needs of companies who have their work spread across different cities or countries. Most of these companies employ the services of a corporate travel agent to help them meet these needs. Corporate travel agents may work in a private capacity or with a travel agency depending on how they are placed.
Corporate travel agents are expected to confer with their clients and determine their traveling needs. Once they know what a company or an executive is looking for, they provide advice and logistics of travel and accommodation to them.
When a travel agency hires travel agents to manage their corporate clients, it will make sure that the candidate’s resume is reflective of his business travel knowledge and client services.
Have a look at the following sample that will provide you with an idea how to write one when applying for this position.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample
2001 Juniper Street NE, Atlanta, GA 83000
CORPORATE TRAVEL AGENT
Detail-oriented and organized corporate travel agent with 10+ years’ progressively responsible experience in providing business travel solutions. Proven relationship builder with exceptional communication skills. Keen problem resolution and analytic acumen targeted at delivering value to clients in order to engender recurring business opportunities.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL VALUE OFFERED
• Thorough knowledge of the corporate travel process from the initial phases to the end
• Effective client services insight aimed at providing suitable travel solutions
• Solid background in analyzing clients’ budgetary strength and finding corresponding solutions
• Superior technical and interpersonal skills targeted at providing excellence in service and ensuring client retention
• Software: Worldspan, Concur Travel
• MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Brought the company status to “Travel-Ready” by ensuring compliance with travel codes of ethics
• Developed a catalog of travel destinations of the East for corporate clients
• Recognized by the company for bringing in the highest number of corporate clients
• Redesigned and implemented more effective client communication procedures making the travel agency more “accessible”
Corporate Travel Agent
Travel Time, Atlanta, GA | 2014 – Present
• Confer with corporate clients to determine their travel needs
• Provide information regarding possible travel itineraries
• Discuss the company’s travel budgets and provide travel solutions accordingly
• Manage online reservations and confirmations
• Make arrangements for flights and provide flight information to clients
• Manage arrangements for transportation and accommodation
• Provide clients with information on customs regulations and required documents
ABC Travel Agency, Lincoln, NE | 2008 – 2014
• Made telephone calls to corporate clients to solicit business
• Took telephone calls from clients to provide travel information
• Assisted travel agents in chalking up business travel plans
• Prepared documents for traveling purposes
• Assisted in filling out clients’ forms for submission
• Provided information on possible accommodation, travel and flight logistics
Travel Agent Training- 2007
Ashworth College Online
High School Diploma
City Public Schools, Lincoln, NE – 2007