Travel Agent’s responsibilities comprise coordinating international and domestic travel reservations for airlines, hotels, and other traveling needs.
They are also accountable for preparing and issuing invoices related to retail travel sales and operating automated airline reservations and ticketing systems.
Also, they need to sell retail travel, handle customer inquiries, and complete related paperwork.
Related: Travel Agent Cover Letter
Following is an example of a travel agent resume to help you write your own:
Travel Agent Resume Example
Timonium, MD 67877
Dedicated to providing nothing but excellence and working for the growth and prosperity of the employer.
Achievement-driven and enthusiastic professional with 8+ years’ travel agency and corporate travel support experience. An excellent reputation for working competently in a team environment. Strong sense of urgency as well as the flexibility to change and adapt whenever desired. Unbeatable ability to multi-task during peak seasons and anticipate client needs through refined listening skills. Well-versed in providing technical support and assisting clients using the Company’s travel reservation system. Knowledge of best practices within the travel industry and a solid background in airline reservation support.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
BCD Travel Corporate – Irvine, CA
[9/2018 – Present]
• Set an excellent example for co-workers by consistently working hard for the betterment of the company and as a result earned full medical, dental, and vision benefits in only six months after joining.
• Contributed to the department’s effectiveness by offering applicable information and practical suggestions and earned four (4) complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year.
• Responded to clients’ questions, concerns, and billing inquiries with the highest degree of professionalism.
• Assisted clients with reservations, transfers, and changes.
• Secured new client sales and retention through exceptional customer service.
• Provided clients the best travel package deals along with offering prompt, accurate, and courteous service to clients.
Corporate Travel Agent
Alameda Travel – Houston, TX
[10/2013 – 9/2018]
• Provided unparalleled service to travelers by providing prompt, accurate, and professional communication.
• Tracked unused e-tickets for exchange toward future trips and personal expenses.
• Helped determine the most efficient way to make flight connections.
• Made transportation arrangements to and from airports.
• Arranged air, car, and hotel reservations for individual/group travel in compliance with corporate travel policies.
Diploma: Caroline Senior High School – Miami, FL
Outlook, Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Facebook