Each time you send your resume for a Travel Agent position, it must be accompanied by a tailored cover letter.
A Travel Agent cover letter allows you to draw the attention of the reader towards your relevant qualifications and credentials.
Moreover, it provides you with a chance to explain why you are interested in a travel agent position and organization.
Your letter allows you to target the detailed aspects of your background which relate to the requirements of an employer.
The following example will give you a better idea.
Travel Agent Cover Letter Example
547 River Road
Sherman Oaks, CA 94111
March 30, 2022
Dr. John Smith
Pacific Perfect Tour
254 Some NW Street
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Dear Dr. Smith:
I am writing to express my strong interest in the Travel Agent position at Pacific Perfect Tour, as advertised in the local newspapers last week. My background in travel and tourism coupled with my travel agent training makes me an excellent contender.
As the enclosed resume indicates, I have acquired many relevant skills through my education, training, and work experience. Specifically, my qualifications include:
• Demonstrated ability to arrange travel for business and holiday customers.
• Able to find out customers’ requirements and preferences.
• Special talent for providing clients with exact solutions.
• Highly skilled in planning and arranging tour packages, excursions, and day trips.
• In-depth knowledge of finding fare and schedule information, and calculating total travel costs.
• Hands-on experience in booking reservations for journeys, hotels, rental cars, and individual events.
Furthermore, my adventurous nature, and excellent communication, organizational, and sales skills combined with my superb attention to detail make me a perfect candidate for this position. Please refer to my enclosed resume, which further highlights my qualifications and accomplishments.
I anticipate pursuing my interests by working for a reputed travel agency such as Pacific Perfect Tour. I’d very much like to schedule an interview in order to discuss this position in more detail. I’ll call you in the week of November 1 to see if we can arrange a mutually convenient time for an interview. In the meantime, I can be reached at (000) 555-4444.
Thank you for your time and consideration.