It is true that experience as a travel agent matters a lot if you are thinking to apply for a job in this regard.
However, you can apply for this position even without it, provided that you know about the work a little bit.
And in order to be considered for a Travel Agent job, you will need to write a resume that stands out from the rest.
A travel agent’s main work is to organize travel and accommodation for clients.
If you can highlight the fact that you can do this, your resume will automatically pass through to the next stage.
To see how you can write a travel agent resume with no experience, take a look at this:
Travel Agent Resume with No Experience
43 Green Base Road, Orlando, FL47927
Analytic thinker, aiming to provide excellence in delivering high-quality travel and tourism services.
Travel Agent, with a deep interest in charting out appropriate travel arrangements for clients, based on their requirements. In-depth knowledge of considering budgetary limitations. Unmatched ability to find fare and schedule information through establishment third-party relationships.
High School Diploma
Orlando Peak High School, Orlando, FL – 2019
• Built a travel organizer as part of final high school year project, as a result, received high praise from the school management.
• Founded the school’s writing and reading club, increasing students’ interest in both.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Clients’ Needs Assessment
• Destination Determination
• Transportation Booking
• Tour Management
• Travel Seminars
• Records Management
• Day Trip Arrangements
Fare Travels Inc., Orlando, FL | 2/2019 – 5/2019
• Greeted clients and inquired into their travel requirements
• Provided information regarding available services
• Determined clients’ needs such as schedules and dates
• Found fare and travel costs particular to each client
• Sold tour packages within the country, and internationally
• Calculated travel costs, and provided quotations
• Booked reservations for hotels, rental cars, and special events
• Arranged day tours and excursions
• Informed clients about travel and accommodation details
• Suggested ways to curb travel costs at destinations
• Gave advice about local weather conditions and customs
• Suggested alternative booking and reservations in accordance with clients’ needs
• Promoted hot-selling destination events
• Created and maintained client and itinerary data
• Prepared promotional materials and displays
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Worked as a volunteer coach for The Big Boys Rugby Club for 3 years
• Spearheaded a team of volunteers to clean up 3 Orlando beaches