A policy advisor’s resume should essentially highlight the individual’s ability to design and implement organizational policies.
It should also focus on what skills you bring to the table in terms of in-depth understanding of corporate laws and regulations, and how policies are formulated.
Here is a resume sample for a policy advisor position to help you write your own:
Sample Resume for Policy Advisor Position
12 Tampa Road, Olympia, WA 79373
Successful Policy Advisor, with over 6 years of experience in researching and analyzing data in order to advise on different organizational issues, related to policy management. Demonstrated expertise in assessing the potential impact of policy decisions and communicating changes to the official community.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS A POLICY ADVISOR
• Successfully implemented 13 major corporate policies that increased operational efficiency by 65%.
• Contributed to the overall success of the company, by being an integral part of the corporate think tank.
• Attained Employee of the Year Award 2020 owing to excellent and consistent contributions to the company.
Palmer Kent Associates, Olympia, WA
May 2016 – Present
• Perform policy analysis, and determine specific needs of the company
• Develop policy recommendations in alignment with company objectives
• Review and analyze existing policies to determine changes
• Develop and implement strategies for policy outreach and advancement
• Establish, maintain, and cultivate strategic relationships with decision makers
• Conceptualize and develop tools that make complex policy implications accessible
• Identify, design, and advance opportunities for partnerships with other organizations
• Conducted legal and policy research, and created correlating reports
Policy Management Aide
Core One, Olympia, WA
Jan 2012 – May 2016
• Assisted in creating metrics to determine policy-making requirements
• Produced high-quality analysis and communications materials
• Supported policy development work in accordance with set protocols
• Supported the policy advisor on policy analysis and implementation
• Developed programs and ensured their design management
• Created and maintained effective liaison with department heads to determine policy needs
Master’s Degree in Communications
Washington State University, Olympia, WA
- Research Management
- Data Analysis
- Manager Support
- Presentations Management
- Expertise Development
- Substantive Input
- Policy Formulation
- Needs Assessment
- Development Initiatives
- Dialogue Facilitation