An insurance advisor is an important part of an insurance company. That is why when applying for this position, you must focus greatly on what your resume has to offer.
In your resume for insurance advisor position, it is important to emphasize your knowledge of advising clients on how obtaining insurance coverage can help with their retirement plans, and protect against risks.
Your resume should be divided into different sections such as insurance advisor objective or summary statement, insurance advisor skills, experience, and accomplishments. All these sections should be able to convince the hiring manager that you are excellent at what you do, and can handle both existing and new clients.
Moreover, your resume should highlight the fact that you are well-versed in assessing clients’ financial portfolios, and can give them solutions accordingly.
The following is an insurance advisor resume template for your reference:
Sample Resume for Insurance Advisor
54 Elm Street, Rutland, VT 19725
Results-driven Insurance Advisor with 9+ years of solid experience in determining clients’ specific coverage requirements, and creating correlating insurance plans. Documented success in providing information on the latest services and benefits, and advising clients on the merits of obtaining insurance coverage in a number of areas.
• Needs Assessment
• Background Checking
• Customized Plans Development
• Risk Analysis
• Policy Paperwork Processing
• Business Generation
• Cold Calling
• Client Pool Development
• Growth Objectives Determination
• Implemented a needs assessment program, decreasing assessment time by 50%.
• Introduced a business generation system, hence, increased client base by 20%.
• Successfully met all objectives pertaining to insurance sales, from 2015 to 2019.
United Health Group, Rutland, VT
Sep 2015 – Present
• Check existing clients’ accounts to ensure that all paperwork is updated.
• Contact potential clients to provide them with information on insurance matters.
• Analyze clients’ specific insurance coverage needs and financial backbones.
• Provide clients with information on available coverage plans.
• Assist clients in determining the right plans in accordance with their needs and budgets.
• Determine the right documents and forms required for each insurance policy.
• Assist clients in filling out forms and ensure that supportive documents are obtained.
• Document applications by following set company protocols and procedures.
• Support the policy-building process by providing required projections.
• Ensure that clients make timely premium payments by effectively following up with them.
Ansay and Associates, Rutland, VT
May 2011 – Sep 2015
• Greeted clients as they arrived at the office, and provided them with initial insurance policy information.
• Arranged for forms and other documents to be made available to insurance advisors.
• Performed filing and record-keeping tasks.
• Assisted clients in filling out insurance coverage forms properly.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Rutland Business School, Rutland, VT