Uniqueness is the essence of a good cover letter. And the goal is to motivate the reader to review your resume and ultimately ask you for an interview. It is a mind game really – you write enticing content that ends up in the reader liking you so much that he wants to meet you. This is the ideal situation. What is not so ideal is when you write a so-so cover letter and expect results. Well, results are not coming!
Cover letters that get the reader’s attention are those that are:
• Well-written, without typos
• Show that the candidates know exactly what the company is looking for
• Provide the reader a sense that the candidate will become an asset
Some tips for writing a front office assistant cover letter that will fulfil the criteria discussed above:
• Study the qualifications and responsibilities provided in the job description thoroughly. Be sure to highlight the experiences that you have had, which match the position perfectly.
• Communicate your enthusiasm but do not write unnecessarily long sentences.
• Vary your writing – beginning each paragraph with the same word gives off a strange aura to the cover letter.
• Proofread your cover letter to make sure it is absolutely error-free.
A sample cover letter for a front office assistant position is given below for your reference:
22 North Street
Las Vegas, NV 93232
November 12, 2015
Mr. Victor Weaver
54 Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 98791
Dear Mr. Weaver:
Enthusiastic and motivated do not define my attitude completely. I present myself as a qualified front office assistant, who is known for her positive manner, customer service skills and ability to handle even the worst of adversities. In addition to the great organizational skills and front desk awareness that I possess, you will find me to be a highly qualified administrative professional with an exceptional degree of energy and solid worth ethics.
As my background indicates (in the resume and copies of two reference letters enclosed), I have worked as a front desk assistant for 2 renowned clinics in Las Vegas. My professional profile will provide you with information regarding my ability to:
• Check-in and interview patients and complete all necessary paperwork to ensure that the admitting processes is handled efficiently
• Gather, verify and process referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications
• Coordinating schedules to ensure appropriate coverage of patients’ appointments
Additionally, I offer the following competencies that I am positive will prove to be contributory to MedExpress:
• Excellent follow-through skills
• Passion for research
• Exceptional communication abilities
• General accounting and bookkeeping acumen
• Strong analytic abilities and troubleshooting skills
• Large volume handling capabilities
I will be get in touch with you after some days to follow-up. Alternately, you can contact me at (444) 444-4444 for any further details that you may need. Thank you for your time and consideration.