In these times of extreme competition, it can often become quite jarring to write the “perfect” resume for an executive administrative assistant position.
But perfection is what employers are looking for; we do not have much choice but to aim for it.
Perfection comes in two areas where resume writing is concerned – the format of the resume and the content. Both areas need to be covered properly if you want your resume to be picked up by the crowd.
Resume writing is not what it was two decades ago, and one has to go along with the times. So if the punters say that your resume has to be a certain way, make sure you follow this advice.
Improperly worded resumes can kill your chances of employment. To make thing easier for you to understand, take a look at the following resume sample for an executive administrative assistant position:
467 S Green Street ● Meeker, OK 37462 ● (000) 124-9865 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Proactive and confident administrative professional with a track record of working in high-demand environments owing to expertise in providing ongoing support to executives. Trustworthy, hardworking and reliable with excellent communication skills and sociable personality. Demonstrated talent for strategizing communications by developing agendas and communicating action plans effectively.
• Well versed in reviewing databases, understanding relevant information and sharing important data with executives to help them make informed decisions.
• Successful in establishing and maintaining workable file system solutions.
• Adept at establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships with workforce, vendors and trade organizations.
CORE ADMINISTRATION COMPETENCIES
|• Scheduling||• Correspondence handling||• Communication|
|• Word processing||• Technology usage||• Supplies requisition|
|• Data collection||• Research||• Procedure adaptation|
|• Secretarial work||• Client interaction||• Remote support|
• Introduced a novel scheduling system that decreased chances of schedule mix-ups by 55%.
• Revamped the existing filing system thereby increasing information derivation process by 88%.
• Juggled six events for two executives over a period of 12 days by employing exceptional multitasking skills.
• Reined in a support role during a branding activity undertaken by the marketing team which led to a 42% growth in sales.
Executive Administrative Assistant
QUALFON, Meeker, OK | 2013 – Present
• Create confidential correspondence on behalf of executives keeping within the dictum of instructions
• Manage calendars, schedule appointments and provide reminders to executives
• Procure supplies and materials and maintain productive relationships with vendors and suppliers
• Coordinate the details of meetings and special events and arrange for details such as venue and refreshments to be handled
• Develop, report on and administer internal employee surveys and data collection initiatives
• Screen incoming calls and determine which ones can be forwarded
• Handle inquiries on the telephone and through emails
• Understand specific research needs, perform research and provide executives with filtered data to help them make informed decisions
• Strategize the time and content of meetings and conferences with executives
• Prepare routine and special reports and take minutes of the meeting
• Organize and maintain records and files and make travel arrangements
Front Desk Officer
ARINC, Meeker, OK | 2011 – 2013
• Greeted visitors and inquired into their purpose of visit
• Responded to callers over the telephone by providing them with needed information
• Guided/escorted visitors to concerned departments/staff members
• Handled appointment scheduling duties and followed up with appointments
• Created and maintained contact with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of office supplies
• Ascertained that the front desk and surrounding areas are kept clean and maintained
SOME COLLEGE, Meeker, OK – 2010
Associate of Science in Office Management
Last updated on