Administrative Assistants provide clerical and secretarial support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, performing bookkeeping functions, preparing mail, receiving guests, arranging meeting calls, and scheduling conferences.
They are accountable for a number of organizational and clerical duties that are essential to run an organization professionally. They act as an information manager for a workplace as they arrange gatherings and appointments, handle paper and electronic files, administer projects, perform research, and give information. They might handle travel arrangements of the company employees as well.
Following are some standard duties of this individual which will help you build your administrative assistant resume.
• Greet clients and guests and decide whether they should be given right of entry to meet specific individuals
• Ensure that customers or visitors are entertained properly until they meet the appropriate person
• Handle telephone calls and relay messages to appropriate department or individual
• Oversee office’s filing and record management needs
• Attend meetings, take and record minutes of meetings and distribute the same as instructed
• Arrange for payments of contractors and vendors by liaising with accounting departments
• Prepare and distribute correspondence such as memos and letters
• Schedule meetings and prepare appropriate agendas for meetings and conferences
• Arrange for executives’ travel and accommodation
• Ensure that packages for board meetings are prepared and distributed in time
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and ensure that supplies are ordered on time
• Ensure that office equipment is in running smoothly and arrange for equipment repairs and maintenance
• Schedule and assign administrative projects and ensure that results are expedited
• Prepare administrative reports for senior managers
• Ensure the confidentiality of both verbal and written information
• Handle administrative issues and conflicts as per company’s policies
• Assist data entry staff in performing data entry tasks by providing informational support to them
• Prepare memos, invoices, reports, and financial statements through word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software such as PowerPoint
• Ensure quick response to routine inquiries
• Open, arrange, and distribute incoming mail, faxes and email
• Arrange agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and special meetings