Accounts Clerks are required to handle accounting transactions and bookkeeping tasks. They reconcile accounts and bills and perform collection activities. They may be expected to process payrolls in some settings, but their work is usually concerned with managing purely accounting procedures.
About Accounts Clerk Resume
A resume for an Accounts Clerk position is a 1-2 page document that summarizes your professional qualifications and work experiences. Your resume is the very first impression to a recruiter and used by hiring managers to see whether you are a good “fit” for the Accounts Clerk position at the prospective organization, and how well you can perform as compared to other candidates.
It is crucial that your resume has the right format, phrases, bullet points and content to get you noticed. A well-written resume can accurately hit the target and boost your chances of being considered for an interview.
While there is no perfect format to build an Accounts Clerk resume. We have attempted through the following resume sample to capture many of the capabilities and skills employers want to see in a potential candidate. This resume example is helpful if you are going to create a professional resume or want to update your previous resume.
See also: Accounts Clerk Cover Letter Sample
90 Bunk Newell Road, Meridian, MS 66645
Offering strong attention to detail and skills in managing computerized accounting systems.
• Over six years’ extensive experience working as an Accounts Clerk
• Highly skilled in managing both accounts receivable and payable effectively
• Hands on experience in billing and collection activities
• In-depth knowledge of monthly bank reports and general ledgers
• Proficient in preparing cash receipts and managing delinquent accounts
• Adept at using many accounting software
AAA COMPANY – Meridian, MS 2006 – Present
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounts department
• Maintain accounting documents files
• Verify and post details of business transactions
• Prepare bank account deposit documents
• Complete end of month closing procedures
• Reconcile revenue reports
• Provide assistance in payroll, funds expenditure and budget preparation
• Established a system of managing payment performance issues in accordance to producer activities
• Introduced a dedicated online accounting system to manage accounts receivable and payable more efficiently
PHOENIX LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY – Meridian, MS 2005 – 2006
• Recorded Journal entries
• Assisted with accounts payable, receivable
• Assisted with month end reconciliations such as general ledger, bank statement, and corporate credit cards
• Performed data entry and filing work
CITY UNIVERSITY, Meridian, MS – 2005
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Majors: Accounts and Finance
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Interpersonal effectiveness
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent teamwork abilities
• Ability to analyze and interpret
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Technology savvy