When you have experience in accounts work, writing a resume in a cinch. When you don’t, it can be the most difficult thing to do. Our experience makes us who we are in the professional world – the good news is that experience is not the only thing that does.
If you are about to apply for a first job, or are changing career lines, it is important to write a resume which will communicate what it is that you are best at doing.
Typically, hiring managers are interested in finding out what you can do for them. If you can provide them with enough information to prove that you are of great worth, you have completed your job application work. And if your resume is wholesome, there is a great chance that your next step will be sitting at this side of the interview table.
To see how you can write a resume when experience is not something that you can depend on, have a look at the following sample:
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume No Experience
66 Sea View Lane | Dover, DE 10202 | (000) 987-5256 | betty.collins @ email . com
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Results-oriented and determined accounting graduate with intense interest in handling accounts receivable, and a knack for processing accounts and incoming payments. Exceptionally well-versed in performing day to day financial transactions, placing special emphasis on accuracy of accounting data.
• Proficient in processing accounts for incoming payments in compliance with financial policies.
• Adept at preparing bills and invoices, and handling bank deposits.
• Competent in reconciling accounts receivable ledgers to ensure that all payments are properly accounted for.
• Qualified to verify discrepancies, and resolve issues pertaining to incorrect payment postings.
|✓ Financial Transactions||✓ Accounting Procedures||✓ Reconciliation|
|✓ Payments Posting||✓ Data Entry||✓ Discrepancy Verification|
|✓ Payment Facilitation||✓ Bank Deposit Preparation||✓ Financial Reports Management|
Denver College, Newark, DE – 2017
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT / VOLUNTEERING WORK
Denver College, Newark, DE | 2/2014 – 12/2016
• Led an accounting workshop for students, which helped them immensely with their exams.
• Volunteered to assist the school office, helping them organize their accounts.
Intern | 1/2017 – 5/2017
Direct Energy, Newark, DE
• Provided support in preparing and administering accounts receivable entries.
• Posted accounts receivable entries into the system, following specific instructions.
• Reconciled accounting reports, and ensured that any discrepancies were communicated.
• Organized and maintained updated financial records.
• Prepared back deposits, and ensured that monthly financial and management reports were prepared.
Superior references available