Accounting professionals in any company hold much meaning for it. Since there are a lot of functions within a company depend on its accounts, the need for hiring the competent accounting officials is quite high. A company’s accounts receivable personnel handle many important accounting functions such as providing accounting and clerical services in order to ensure effective and accurate financial operations.
An accounts receivable clerk performs many duties on a typical work day such as receiving and verifying invoices, coding payments and handling checks. People who are hired at this position need to have a solid background of performing accounting functions and an associate’s degree in an accounting discipline helps immensely.
The resume sample below can be used as a basis for writing a resume for the position of an accounts receivable clerk.
773 Rogers Drive ● Franktown, CO 80922
Cellular: (999) 999-9999 ● Email: ashton @ email . com
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Enthusiastic to deliver outstanding service while increasing financial profitability.
Professional Summary: Self-motivated accounts receivable professional with a progressive career spanning over 5 years. Well versed in posting cash receipts, adjustments, credit memos, and wires to invoices. Track record of reconciling customer accounts and auditing of invoices. Key strengths include; ability to handle multiple accounting tasks, a knack for handling discrepancies and exceptional multitasking skills.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|● Data entry||● Balance cash reports||● Deposit slips posting|
|● Spreadsheets maintenance||● Filing and mailing||● Journal entries|
• Reorganized the accounts receivable procedure by converting most paperwork into an electronic form
• Stayed under budget for three crucial years following the company’s overhauling
• Handled extremely sensitive data with absolute precision and confidentiality for five years
• Reduced 51% costs by introducing “Stop Waste”, an initiative directed at curbing office supplies wasting activities
Accounts Receivable Clerk | Accountemps – Franktown, CO | June 2008 – Present
• Verify details of business transactions and handle posting duties akin to received and disbursed funds
• Compute and recorded charges and refunds
• Prepare vouchers, invoices and checks
• Handled account statements and records
• File invoices in an alphabetical order
• Handle check and cash deposits
• Prepare necessary bank approval documentation
• Maintain billing files in a proper manner
• Solicit delinquent accounts for payments through telephone calls
Accounts Receivable Intern | Keiwit – Franktown, CO | January 2007 – May 2008
• Handled billing systems under the supervision of accounts receivable clerk
• Made calls to delinquent accounts to solicit outstanding payments
• Performed data entry duties in order to post charges
• Assisted in making out checks and preparing paperwork for deposits
• Assisted in handling customers billing files
Colorado Accounting School, Franktown, CO | 2006
Associate of Science in Accounting
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Proven ability to perform detail oriented accounting tasks
• Excellent knowledge of popular accounting software with special skills in Peach Tree
• Special talent for handling delinquent accounts in a tactful and effective manner
• Exceptional communication skills aimed at communicating effectively with clients and all levels of the management