Accounting professionals in any company hold much meaning for it.
Since there are a lot of functions within a company depend on its accounts, the need for hiring the competent accounting officials is quite high.
A company’s accounts receivable personnel handle many essential accounting functions such as providing accounting and clerical services to ensure efficient and accurate financial operations.
An accounts receivable clerk performs many duties on a typical work day such as receiving and verifying invoices, coding payments, and handling checks.
People who are hired for this position need to have a solid background in performing accounting functions, and an associate’s degree in an accounting discipline helps immensely.
The resume sample below can be used as a basis for writing a resume for the position of an accounts receivable clerk.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume Example
773 Rogers Drive ● Franktown, CO 80922
(999) 999-9999 ● [Email]
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Enthusiastic to deliver outstanding accounting support to increase profitability.
Self-motivated accounts receivable professional with a progressive career spanning over 11 years. Well versed in posting cash receipts, adjustments, credit memos, and wires to invoices. Track record of reconciling customer accounts and auditing of invoices. Ability to handle multiple accounting tasks A knack for handling discrepancies. Exceptional multitasking skills.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|● Data entry||● Balance cash reports||● Deposit slips posting|
|● Spreadsheets maintenance||● Filing and mailing||● Journal entries|
• Reorganized the accounts receivable procedure by converting most paperwork into an electronic form.
• Stayed under budget for three crucial years following the company’s overhauling.
• Handled extremely sensitive data with absolute precision and confidentiality for five years.
• Reduced 51% costs by introducing “Stop Waste”, an initiative directed at curbing office supplies wasting activities.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accountemps – Franktown, CO | 2008 – Present
• Verify details of business transactions and handle posting duties akin to received and disbursed funds.
• Compute and recorded charges and refunds.
• Prepare vouchers, invoices, and checks.
• Processed account statements and records.
• File invoices in alphabetical order.
• Handle check and cash deposits.
• Prepare necessary bank approval documentation.
• Maintain billing files in a proper manner.
• Solicit delinquent accounts for payments through telephone calls.
Accounts Receivable Intern
Keiwit – Franktown, CO | 2007 – 2008
• Handled billing systems under the supervision of the accounts receivable clerk.
• Made calls to delinquent accounts to solicit outstanding payments.
• Performed data entry duties to post charges.
• Assisted in making out checks and preparing paperwork for deposits.
• Assisted in handling customers billing files.
Colorado Accounting School, Franktown, CO | 2006
Associate of Science in Accounting
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Proven ability to perform detail-oriented accounting tasks
• Excellent knowledge of popular accounting software with exceptional skills in Peach Tree
• Special talent for handling delinquent accounts in a tactful and efficient manner
• Outstanding communication skills aimed at communicating effectively with clients and all levels of the management