A resume is required if applying for a job is your goal.
But not every resume makes it to the hiring manager’s table.
Take a look at a sample format that you can use, to make sure that yours does:
Financial Accountant Resume Example
173 Rind Road, Baltimore, MD 18832
Reliable and team-oriented Financial Accountant with over 7 years of experience providing service to large business concerns, in reporting their financial situations to the government. Demonstrated expertise in ensuring that all statutory and tax compliance requirements of the company are met. Experienced in preparing monthly profit and loss statements, and balance sheets. Ability to respond to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting the right type of data.
|– Banking and Treasury||– Reconciliation||– Tax Management|
|– Funds Analysis||– Compliance||– Recommendations|
|– Reporting||– Budgets Reporting||– Statistical Analysis|
|– Forecasting||– Revenue Management||– Accuracy Examination|
• Reorganized the financial accounting system, making it 50% more efficient than before.
• Implemented budget forecasting system, which was 75% more accurate than the one already being followed.
• Introduced a series of a system, which proved to be invaluable in handling compliance issues.
• Successfully reconciled a particularly difficult entry in the chart of accounts, after it remaining in limbo for 5 weeks.
Flexco, Baltimore, MD | 2012 – Present
• Evaluate the completeness and accuracy of financial statements, and accounting records.
• Create and maintain charts of accounts, and establish well-placed systems for recordkeeping and accounting purposes.
• Research financial variances, and provide assistance in analyzing financial data.
• Create and maintain monthly financial statements and reconciliations, based on pre-established protocols.
• Develop budgets, and create systems to ensure that estimated and actual costs are properly compared.
• Develop and implement core finance processes to ensure that robust controls are in place.
• Manage tax compliance processes, ensuring that tax returns are timely and accurately filed.
• Manage cash transactions, and reconciliations, and perform cash forecasting activities.
Jones Companies, Baltimore, MD | 2008 – 2012
• Prepared asset and liability account entries, by efficiently compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documented the company’s financial transactions, by ensuring that account information is properly outlined.
• Reconciled financial discrepancies, before they have a negative effect on the company.
• Maintained financial security, by following internal controls, and prepared payments by verifying documentation.
• Prepared and submitted financial reports to the management, to help them take well-placed decisions.
Maryland State University, Baltimore, MD
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance