Every job application document has a certain pattern that it must follow.
Where resumes are concerned, it is important to follow the pattern that dictates that they must be opened with a short summary – aka the objective.
An objective is a short blurb at the beginning of a resume that effectively outlines an applicant’s ability to contribute to an organization in a positive manner.
This short piece of writing is an effective way of telling a hiring manager what you possess in terms of qualifications and skills, that will be beneficial to his or her company.
There is no way that you can leave out this part of the resume as you risk the employer declining to look through the rest of the document, depriving you of a chance to work for him or her.
And that is sure to be a disaster.
Remember that the resume objective is important not only because it provides the reader with an introduction, but also because it gives him or her a chance to get to know what you have to offer that will be useful for the company in the long run.
Resume objectives can be written in many different ways. As long as you make sure that it delivers what it is supposed to, you have a pretty much free hand in writing it. Here are a few ways that you can write resume objectives:
Sample Objectives for Accounting Analyst Resume
1. Highly analytic, progressive, and resourceful Accounting Analyst, with over 12 years of dedicated experience, presently looking for a position at The Martinez Inc. Offering exceptional ability to oversee accounting procedures and ensure compliance to standardized processes.
2. Top performing Accounting Analyst with a verifiable track record of processing transactional accounting data for assigned areas of responsibility, seeking a position at The Timken Company. Eager to apply deep insight into the analysis of transactions and standards related to manufacturing processes.
3. Looking for a position as an Accounting Analyst at United States Steel making the most of proficiencies in creating and maintaining financial reports, ad hoc and general ledger queries, along with troubleshooting and resolving system and reporting issues.
4. A position as an Accounting Analyst at Disney ABC Television Group. Offering strong analytic skills in ensuring the timely and accurate completion of accounting processes and reconciliations.
5. To work for Syncreon as an Accounting Analyst. Bringing 6 years of experience in creating, posting, and monitoring accruals and journal entries, along with exceptional insight into overseeing accounting closing duties and coordinating reconciliation of accounts.