An accounting clerk is basically a specialized admin assistant position.
In order to qualify for this post, you need immaculate skills in accounting coupled with clerical skills and preferably a degree in accounting.
General duties associated with the position include tracking invoices, issuing and dispatching checks, typing and printing vouchers, overseeing A/P/R and managing deposits.
Being an entry-level candidate, your definite asset is your knowledge and skills.
Since you cannot convince the employer to hire you by experience, your potential is your only selling point; make the most of it. Present yourself as a responsible and highly dependable person and mention your accounts and clerical skills in a highlighted manner.
Every firm has different specific expectations for the same role. Research your prospective employer and then arrange your competencies in order of their priority to gain a favorable impression.
Entry level candidates often wonder whether or not to add an irrelevant volunteer experience. The answer to this is always yes.
That experience might reflect some transferable skills or general skills like teamwork or leadership qualities that can contribute to creating a better impression.
The following is a sample resume for Accounting Clerk with no experience.
See also: Accounting Cover Letter No Experience
Entry Level Accounting Clerk Resume No Experience
201/24 Hamilton Ave, Denver, CO 89221
☏ (006) 333-2510
✉ madison @ email . com
❖❖ ACCOUNTING CLERK ❖❖
Passionate and driven to excel …
Knowledgeable and energetic accounting clerk seeking work with ABC Company utilizing skills in:
|• Cash handling||• Project Budgeting||• Transaction Processing|
|• Account Reconciliation||• Records Retrieval||• A/P and A/R|
• Capable of collecting prescribed amounts, making relevant entries and issuing accurate receipts accordingly.
• Able to adhere to established rules and policies regarding accounts handling in the company.
• Proficient in operating various accounting based software and company-specific databases for financial record keeping and credit balancing.
• Particularly effective in tracking and resolving invoice errors.
• Skilled in processing credit and cash transactions, typing and issuing vouchers and checks.
• Substantial knowledge of basic accounting principles and their applications in business.
SOS Village, Denver, CO | Summer 2013
• Assisted manager in organizing bio-data of children in the camp.
• Entered data of incoming children.
• Collected incoming funds, made a record of the same and deposited the amount in the bank account daily.
• Assisted in office management tasks, file cataloging, budget management, photocopying and faxing as and when needed.
ABC College of Finance, Denver, CO | March 2014
• Microsoft: Excel, Word, Outlook
• Internet, search and email
• Social media