An objective statement for an account manager’s resume is usually the employer’s first impression of you. That’s why it must be tailored cleverly to suit the demands of the target position.
Before writing an account manager objective statement, shortlist your skills, and select two or three core competencies to include in your objective.
Here are some well-designed objective examples for an account manager’s resume.
Sample Objectives for Account Manager Resume
The most common format of an objective statement to date is perhaps the simple single liner, stating the name of the position being sought, and the firm it is being sought at along with a brief mention of two to three core competencies.
Experts believe such objectives work well and shift the employer’s attention automatically to the candidate’s skills section.
1. Seeking a challenging position as an account manager at XYZ Company. Utilizing the ability to manage a portfolio of accounts to generate new business through referral and maintaining good relationships with clients.
Another objective statement format that is rapidly gaining popularity is the performance summary format. This is a dual-purpose statement that serves as an objective as well as a summary. It is more like a branded statement of objective.
2. Highly resourceful account manager seeking work in the same capacity at XYZ Company. Offers expertise in payroll processing, business solicitation, and log handling.
3. A diligent and meticulous financial professional with exceptional skills in monetary administration in addition to deep know-how regarding payroll processing protocols. Poised to contribute to the success of ABC Company in the capacity of an account manager.
Keeping in view the rapidly changing and evolving trends in today’s writing style and job market, some experts recommend forming the objective statement in a more personalized tone. They argue that such statements tend to have a better impression on the employers since they reflect ownership of the position on the part of the candidate.
4. I am interested in an account manager position at ABC Organization where extensive knowledge in financial accounting and customer service acumen will be utilized for the benefit of the company.
5. Eager to contribute to the profitability of Tektronix in the role of an account manager. Bringing effective account management skills and perfect analytical thinking ability.