Advertising account managers are hired to build and maintain strong relationships with clients to ensure proper development, direction, and facilitation of strategic communications.
These efforts are primarily designed to meet the company’s designated business goals. Advertising account managers target specific audiences by placing a special focus on advertising campaign performances.
Working as an advertising account manager will require you to possess a degree in business, journalism or strategic communication, depending on the type of company that you are working for.
You will need to possess a service-oriented attitude and exceptional communication and creative skills, without which your chances of being hired won’t be too good. Additionally, you will need to have at least some experience with social media and expect to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
As an advertising account manager, you will be in constant contact with customers, so it is essential to be pleasant and approachable. Your ability to understand clients’ requirements and provide them with solutions to their advertising needs is of the utmost importance here. Therefore, make sure that you know what it is that you have to do before you attempt filling in your resume with information to prove yourself as a viable candidate.
Related: Advertising Account Manager Resume
On a typical workday, advertising account managers perform some or all of the following duties:
Advertising Account Manager Job Description for Resume
• Meet clients to determine their advertising campaigning requirements
• Create and present campaign pitches and costs to clients
• Make profiles of clients’ accounts and monitor ongoing activities
• Manage and review progress with a view to delivering clients’ advertising projects
• Establish relationships with new clients and maintain nurturing relationships with them to ensure repeat / consistent business
• Research and understand key business challenges, customer behavior and target audiences that impact advertising programs
• Provide hands-on advertising support to assigned departments and ensure that close attention is paid to timelines
• Identify and present opportunities for consistency in customer service from in-store signage to print
• Develop content and ensure that creative execution is directed in a way that it provides consistent and targeted messages
• Direct the work activities of both in-house and external graphic designers, photographers and media production professionals to ensure timely completion of marketing and advertising projects
• Manage communication with clients in regards to implementation, trafficking strategies and data analysis
• Generate and present reports and recommendations for assigned channels to both clients and management personnel
• Interpret campaign trends and monitor KPIs across marketing channels and assist in implementing digital strategies