Obtaining a job of server with a restaurant, hotel, bar, club, resort or any hospitality setting will entail you to write a very good resume containing your relevant skills, qualifications, achievements and experiences in the hospitality and food industry. Whether you have a previous experience or not, a well-written resume has the power to convince the hiring committee that you possess a lot to contribute and would be a first-class addition to their team.
Many candidates believe that the longer is their resume (with full of irrelevant and junk information), the better their chances of interview and employment are. In actual fact, this is so not true. Overstuffed resumes for Server position often become very tiresome to read and most employers do not look at them very favorably. Therefore, your resume for server position need to be written simply on one page, with just the pertinent and required amount of information in it.
Look at the following examples which will guide you how to write a resume for server position.
Server Resume Sample 1
| 520 Harley Street • Buford, GA 48222|
(005) 333 – 4444
john @ email . com
Customer Service / Hospitality / Time Management
Versatile and customer-focused professional with 10+ years’ hands-on experience in food service with various establishments. Known for consistently demonstrating matchless level of genuine hospitality and delivering an exceptional dining experience to guests. Full command over guest relationship development. Demonstrated knowledge of various food and beverage ingredients. Active member of the American Culinary Association.
|- Order Taking||- Menu Presentation||- Table Setting|
|- Prep Assistance||- POS/Cash Handling||- Bill Collection|
|- Complaint Processing||- Tasks Synchronization||- Table Clearing|
✔ Elevated the sales of beverages up till 40% by building appealing displays.
✔ Achieved 80% positive feedback ratings form regular customers through demonstration of immaculate guest protocol and food service skills.
✔ Reviewed and systemized the inventory maintenance mechanism, ensuring 24 hours availability of all food service ingredients.
OLIVE GARDEN, Buford, GA
Food Server, 6/2010 to Present
• Greet the guests and direct them to the available table of their choice
• Present the menu and answer queries regarding various menu items
• Take and serve orders
• Prepare and issue bills and accept payments
FINE DINERS, Buford, GA
Helper, 3/2004 to 5/2010
• Folded napkins and set tables when guests left
• Ensured provision of timely service to all guests
• Resolved table, food and beverage issues
• Displayed ready to eat items creatively
• Assisted in kitchen prep work and dishwashing
AMERICAN VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER, Buford, GA, 2004
Diploma in Food service
KT HIGH SCHOOL, Buford, GA, 2003
High School Diploma
Server Resume Sample 2
8 Taber Road ♦ Blackfoot, ID 66587 ♦ Cell: (999) 999-9999 ♦ Email:
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a demanding position of Server with Old Quay Hotel using superb hospitality and customer service skills to serve patrons efficiently, maximize the number of returning clients and increase profits.
• Over three years’ practical experience working as a Server and Busser
• Rapid in providing food, beverages and side orders
• Highly skilled in table service procedures and etiquette
• Proficient in interacting with guests and providing them with relevant information and excellent dining experience
• In depth knowledge of anticipating guests’ needs and ensuring their fulfillment accordingly
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Greet and seat guests as they come in and offer them bread and water
• Ensure all tables and chairs are positioned and cleaned appropriately
• Lay silverware, china, glassware and condiments on the tables
• Assist food servers with carrying trays and serving especially in the event of a large order
• Clean side stations and work areas and keep them organized
• Help kitchen crew when necessary
• Carried out regular server duties along with juggling two events in the restaurant without any associated problems
• Achieved Employee of the Week Award three times in three years following provision of excellent guest services based on guests’ feedback
Server Assistant / Busperson
• Cleaned and reset tables
• Assisted with service of beverages
• Transported food trays to dining room
• Stocked all service areas and maintained sufficient supplies throughout meal period
• Sanitized public areas which increased efficiency by 40%
Blackfoot City College – Blackfoot, ID
Associate of Arts in Hospitality – 2005
• Excellent guest service skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work for long hours
• Expert in handling heavy trays