Obtaining a job as a server at a restaurant, hotel, bar, coffee shop, ice cream shop or any hospitality setting requires a good resume. Your resume should contain your relevant skills, qualifications, achievements and experiences in the hospitality and food industry. Whether you have previous experience or not, a well-written resume has the power to convince the hiring committee that you possess a lot of skills to contribute and would be a good addition to their hospitality team.
Many candidates believe that the longer is their resume (with full of irrelevant and junk information), the better their chances of interview and employment are. In actual fact, this is not true. Overstuffed resumes for server position often become very tiresome to read and most employers do not look at them very favorably. Therefore, your resume need to be written simply on one page, with just the pertinent and required amount of information in it.
Look at the following examples which will guide you how to write a great resume for server position.
| 520 Harley Street • Buford, GA 48222|
(005) 333 – 4444, john @ email . com
❖❖ SERVER ❖❖
Summary: Versatile, customer-focused hospitality professional with 10+ years’ hands-on experience in food and beverage service at various establishments. Known for consistently demonstrating extreme level of genuine hospitality and delivering an exceptional dining experience to guests. Full command over rapport building with patrons to ensure recurring business. Demonstrated knowledge of various food and beverage ingredients. Active member of the American Culinary Association.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Order Taking||– Menu Presentation||– Table Setting|
|– Cook Assistance||– POS/Cash Handling||– Bill Collection|
|– Complaint Processing||– Tasks Synchronization||– Table Clearing|
PROFESSIONAL HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE
Food Server | OLIVE GARDEN, Buford, GA | 6/2010 to Present
• Greet the guests with a smile and escort them to the available table of their choice
• Present the menu and answer queries regarding various menu items
• Take and serve food and beverage orders
• Ensure the correctness of order before serving
• Monitor the guests responses closely for any requirement
• Prepare and issue bills and accept payments
• Clear, clean and set tables and place empty plates and glasses in bus carts
• Arrange plates, glasses, napkins and silverware neatly at table
• Ensure the sanitation and cleanliness of all areas
• Increased sales of beverages by $6000 through displaying bottles in an appealing manner.
• Achieved 80% positive feedback ratings form regular customers through demonstration of exceptional food service skills.
• Reviewed inventory maintenance mechanism, ensuring 24 hours availability of all food service ingredients.
Waiter Helper | FINE DINERS, Buford, GA | 3/2004 to 5/2010
• Folded napkins and set tables when guests left
• Ensured provision of timely service to all guests
• Resolved table, food and beverage issues
• Displayed ready to eat items creatively
• Assisted in kitchen prep work and dishwashing
CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Buford, GA – 2004
Diploma in Food service
8 Taber Road ♦ Blackfoot, ID 66587 ♦ Cell: (999) 999-9999 ♦ Email:
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a demanding position as a Server with Old Quay Hotel using superb hospitality and customer service skills to serve patrons efficiently, maximize the number of returning clients and increase profits.
• Over three years’ practical experience working as a Server and Busser
• Quick in providing food, beverages and side orders to patrons
• Highly skilled in table service procedures and etiquette
• Proficient in interacting with guests and providing them with relevant information and excellent dining experience
• Adept at anticipating guests’ needs and ensuring their fulfillment accordingly
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Greet and seat guests as they come in and offer them water
• Ensure all tables and chairs are positioned and cleaned appropriately
• Organize silverware, china, glassware and condiments on the tables
• Assist food servers with carrying trays and serving especially in the event of a large order
• Clean side stations and work areas and keep them organized
• Help kitchen crew when necessary
• Carried out regular server duties along with juggling two events in the restaurant without any associated problems
• Achieved Employee of the Week Award three times in three years following provision of excellent guest services based on guests’ feedback
• Cleaned and reset tables
• Assisted with service of beverages
• Transported food trays to dining room
• Stocked all service areas and maintained sufficient supplies throughout meal period
• Sanitized public areas which increased efficiency by 40%
Blackfoot City College – Blackfoot, ID – 2005
Associate of Arts in Hospitality
• Excellent guest service skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to stand for long hours
• Expert in transporting heavy trays