Finding a job of server with a restaurant, hotel, bar, club, resort or any hospitality setting will entail you to write a very good resume containing your relevant skills, qualifications, achievements and experiences to work in the hospitality and food industry. Whether you have a previous experience or not, a well-written resume has the power to convince the hiring committee that you possess a lot to contribute and would be a first-class addition to their team.
Many candidates believe that the longer is their resume (with full of irrelevant and junk information), the better their chances of interview and employment are. In actual fact, this is so not true. Overstuffed resumes for Server position often become very tiresome to read and most employers do not look at them very favorably. Therefore, your resume for server position need to be written simply on one page, with just the pertinent and required amount of information in it.
Look at the following example which will guide you how to write a resume for server position.
Server Resume Example
8 Taber Road ♦ Blackfoot, ID 66587 ♦ Cell: (999) 999-9999 ♦ Email:
Seeking a demanding position of Server with Old Quay Hotel using superb hospitality and customer service skills to serve patrons efficiently, maximize the number of returning clients and increase profits.
• Over three years’ practical experience working as a Server and Busser
• Rapid in providing food, beverages and side orders
• Highly skilled in table service procedures and etiquette
• Proficient in interacting with guests and providing them with relevant information and excellent dining experience
• In depth knowledge of anticipating guests’ needs and ensuring their fulfillment accordingly
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Greet and seat guests as they come in and offer them bread and water
• Ensure all tables and chairs are positioned and cleaned appropriately
• Lay silverware, china, glassware and condiments on the tables
• Assist food servers with carrying trays and serving especially in the event of a large order
• Clean side stations and work areas and keep them organized
• Help kitchen crew when necessary
• Carried out regular server duties along with juggling two events in the restaurant without any associated problems
• Achieved Employee of the Week Award three times in three years following provision of excellent guest services based on guests’ feedback
Server Assistant / Busperson
• Cleaned and reset tables
• Assisted with service of beverages
• Transported food trays to dining room
• Stocked all service areas and maintained sufficient supplies throughout meal period
• Sanitized public areas which increased efficiency by 40%
Blackfoot City College – Blackfoot, ID
Associate Degree in Hospitality – 2005
• Excellent guest service skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work for long hours
• Expert in handling heavy trays