Restaurant servers carry food and drinks to customers at different types of restaurants, f&b and hospitality settings. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicted the demand for restaurant servers would increase by 8 percent from 2011 through 2021. This demand will be resulted in creation of 161,699 new jobs.
As a resume for Restaurant Server is your initial contact with a prospective employer, it must be attractive and free of errors. The following resume example will give you a quick start in your job application.
Tip: Don’t forget to send a restaurant server cover letter to support your job application and resume.
See also: Restaurant Server Resume With Experience
39 Example Street ♦ Metairie, LA 98222 ♦ (010) 000-9999 ♦ john @ email . com
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Server position with ANZ Restaurant utilizing exceptional hospitality skills and outstanding customer care abilities to ensure recurring business and maximize revenue.
KEY STRENGTHS AND SKILLS
• Over 3 months’ solid experience in the food service industry
• Highly skilled in delivering outstanding service by greeting and serving customers
• Ability to learn the menu to answer questions and remember details regarding orders
• Knowledgeable about the restaurants’ menus, food and beverage items and other products
• Proven record of setting-up station and breakdown of side work
• Well-versed in suggesting additional items to customers
• Adept at answering telephones and processing financial transactions
Pyramid Hotel Group – Metairie, LA Summer 2012
• Greeted patrons and answered questions regarding the menu
• Took orders from customers
• Helped kitchen staff in food and salad preparation
• Removed plates and cleaned tables
• Cleaned restaurant’s premises before starting and after closing
• Counted and received the bill of food and beaverages and took payment from the patrons
• Gave change when required
Diploma: Metairie High School, Metairie, LA – 2011
• Customer-focused and solution oriented
• Able to perform well in a fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrated ability to converse clearly and proficiently with customers and coworkers
• Good mathematics and written communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and weekends