Package handlers usually works for courier and delivery companies where they are expected to pack products and materials so that the same can be delivered safely to their destinations. Package handlers assemble and pad cartons and create by using a variety of hand tools. They may also use nails and glue to ensure that the products are sealed in appropriately.
If you possess a high school diploma and are physically fit to work in a busy environments, you may choose package handling as a career.
A package handler resume allows you to portray yourself as a skilled and physically fit individual who is able to perform all tasks of a package handling job. Since a resume can bring you an interview, it is important that you write the most relevant skills and qualifications in your resume.
See also: Cover Letter for Package Handler Resume
332 Starlight Drive, Keene, NH 63879 | Tel: (366) 000-9999, Email:
PROFILE: Enthusiastic and dedicated Package Handler with 3 years’ hands-on experience in lifting and pushing packages and preparing them for delivery. Adept at utilizing hand-to-surface methods of package handling. Proven record of sealing packages in a safe manner and determining appropriate conveyor belt systems.
• Known for understanding and following instructions in a timely manner
• Familiar with discerning numbers in order to scan packages appropriately
• Well versed with manual and automated packaging machines
• Exceptional communication skills
• Physically dexterous with the ability to carry over 50 lbs
• Willing to work a flexible schedule
• Able to work without supervision
Package Handler | UPS, Keen, NH | 2011 – Present
• Load packages on conveyor belts and on delivery trucks
• Move and store materials and products
• Stack materials in accordance to instructions
• Pack and seal products and materials
• Assist with unloading trucks
• Manage cycle counting and inventory control procedures
• Implemented a system that works with available numbers data to determine appropriate conveyor belts for different packages
• Named Employee of the Quarter following exceptional packaging duties in an error-free manner
Factory Packer | ABC Factory, Austin, TX | 2010 – 2011
• Determined different material and products to be packed
• Packed and sealed products according to instructions
• Loaded and unloaded goods and materials
• Assisted with warehouse related work such as stocking and inventory control
• Reorganized the inventory system bringing down the retrieval time by 20%
• Placed as a package handler after working as an apprentice for three months
Diploma: Austin High School, Austin, TX – 2009