Seeking help to build an automotive technician resume? Here is a specially designed checklist for you to compare your resume against professional norms in order to make sure your automotive technician resume lands on the mark.
☑ Is your resume a page long? Make sure it’s no more, no less.
☑ Does it clearly indicate the exact automotive technician position you seek?
☑ Does your resume talk about the job relevant strengths specific to the firm you are applying at?
☑ Does your resume have an optimum amount of incorporated automotive industry key terms?
☑ Is it fully error free? Ask someone to proofread it for you even if you’re sure.
☑ Last but not the least: Is your contact information accurate and updated?
Following is an automotive technician resume sample to further support and guide you as you develop your resume.
5110 Ever Green Lane ● Reading, PA 76302 ● (007) 333-6666 ● mitch @ email . com
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Equipped to perform diagnoses and repairs to a diverse range of vehicles.
Performance Profile: Results-oriented and energetic professional with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a diverse range of automobiles. Particularly effective in performing computerized error diagnosis in automobiles. Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to turn a visitor into a regular client. ASE certified.
|☑ Supplies management||☑ Engine overhauling||☑ Computerized diagnostic|
|☑ Problems identification||☑ Parts examination||☑ Basic maintenance|
|☑ Washing and polishing||☑ Customer service||☑ Testing equipment|
AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS EXPERTISE
|Internal combustion engines||Axles / transaxle||Steering and suspension|
|Heating and air conditioning||Automatic transmission||Brake systems|
|Electrical/electronic wiring||Wheel alignment||Fuel systems|
FIRESTONE AUTO CARE, Reading, PA
Automotive Technician (4/2011 – Present)
• Explain technical diagnosis and repairs needed to non technical, mechanical staff
• Remain up to date with progressive automotive technician methodologies through active participation in trainings and workshops
• Provide service delivery and participate in control of expenses
• Carry out state safety inspections of interior and exterior of automobiles
• Up fitted 50 brand new vehicles with necessary equipment for the annual sports rally of Reading in 2012
• Devised several viable strategies for economical fuel consumption by utilizing functional knowledge of computer based mixture control
STATE MOTORS, Reading, PA (8/ 2009 – 3/ 2011)
• Assisted in automobile inspection and diagnosis of the problem
• Performed repair and maintenance tasks as instructed
• Carried out test drives with the senior technician
• Assembled an engine from scratch for an automatic Audrey without supervision, working manually on suspension parts using welding tools
NORTHCENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Wausau, WI
Automotive Repairing Diploma
ABC SCHOOL, Reading, PA