When applying for a position of caregiver in Canada, a good resume along with a compelling cover letter for caregiver is always vital. In Canada, a caregiver is responsible for reporting and observing protection hazards and condition of clients to care manager and administrator in timely manner.
Note: With effect from April 1, 2010, live-in caregivers working in Canada under the official live-in caregiver program:
• Have equal to four years from the date of their coming in Canada to complete the service requirement to be entitled for permanent residence under the live-in caregiver class; and
• May select between two options for calculating their service requirement for permanent residence:
1. 24 months of approved permanent employment, or
2. 3,900 hours (inside a minimum of 22 months which might comprise a maximum of 390 hours of overtime) of official full-time employment.
Apt 11, Atlantic Avenue, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
(999) 999-9999, [Email Address]
OBJECTIVE: Highly-dependable professional looking for a Live-in Caregiver position in Canada so as to utilize my extensive experience in caregiving of elderly and disable people.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Able to care for children, elderly and disable people
• Well-versed in cooking and planning nutritious meals
• Outstanding communication and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to enjoy the harsh attitude of elderly
• Adept at helping elderly with ambulation and transfer of motion exercises
• Track record of carrying out delegated tasks ordered by the Caregiving Manager
Caregiver, May 2005 – Jan 2011
AAA Caregiving Agency, Manila, Philippines
• Performed standard duties such as cleaning, making beds, doing dishes, laundry, ironing as required, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and particularly maintaining hygiene, which includes regular trash removal
• Travelled to and from appointments, stores, amusement, and adult day care
• Administered medications with strict adherence to doctors’ orders.
• Prepared and served meals
• Brought in daily Mail and newspaper
• Transferred elderly and disabled from bed, chair, toilet, into vehicle, etc.
• Assisted patients and elders to go outside
• Performed personal grooming activities such as brushing teeth, washing, shaving, fingernail and toenail care, etc.
• Assisted into the shower or bath, and actual help with bathing
High School diploma – 2002
REFERENCES: Available upon requestt