A Caregiver is responsible for providing compassionate care to elderly clients or children. They are required to perform their duties with enthusiasm and devotion.
In order to apply for a caregiver job, you need to write a good resume and a cover letter.
The following resume sample for a Caregiver position will help you craft your resume.
This sample can be used both by elderly or child caregivers who have less experience in hand.
Note: Don’t forget to send a compelling cover letter for a caregiver with your job application materials.
Caregiver Resume Example (Less Experience)
12 8th SE Street, Houston, TX 32589
(000) 999-5214 | [Email]
Looking for a position as a Caregiver in a domestic setting, making the most of personal care skills and housekeeping abilities.
• Eight months’ hands-on experience providing compassionate care to elderly and children.
• Expert in helping clients with ambulation and exercises.
• Able to search on the internet and find the best solution for the health and pleasure of elderly and children.
• Excellent understanding of documents preparation and record keeping.
• Very skilled in preparing and planning meals.
ABC Company – Houston, TX
Elderly Caregiver | May 2017 – Jan 2018
• Provided help to residents in performing everyday tasks such as grooming and personal hygiene.
• Assisted clients in housekeeping, food preparation, and laundry.
• Attended social trips with residents and ensured their safety.
• Helped clients to attend group activities for social pleasure and learning.
• Notified manager of changes in the state of residents and suggested adjustments in the level of care and service.
• Worked together with families.
• Updated clients’ status in the database.
High School Diploma
Houston Community School, Houston, TX | 2014
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Internet and Email
• Demonstrated ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willing to work on weekends and holidays
Excellent references available