A Caregiver is responsible for providing compassionate care to elderly clients or children. They are required to perform their duties with enthusiasm and compassion.
In order to apply for a caregiver job, you need to write a good resume and a cover letter.
The following resume sample for a Caregiver position will help you craft your resume. This sample can be used both by elderly or child caregivers who have less experience in hand.
Caregiver With Less Experience Resume Sample
12 8th SE Street, Houston, TX 32589
Looking for a position as a Caregiver in a domestic setting to make the most of my personal care skills and housekeeping abilities.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AS A CAREGIVER
• Eight months’ hands-on experience in providing compassionate care to the elderly and children.
• Expert in helping clients with ambulation and exercises.
• Able to search on the internet and find the best solution for the health and pleasure of the elderly and children.
• Excellent understanding of document preparation and record keeping.
• Very skilled in preparing and planning meals.
ABC Company – Houston, TX
May 2020 – Dec 2020
• Provided help to residents in performing everyday tasks such as grooming and personal hygiene
• Assisted clients in housekeeping, food preparation, and laundry
• Attended social trips with residents and ensured their safety
• Helped clients to attend group activities for social pleasure and learning
• Notified manager of changes in the state of residents and suggested adjustments in the level of care and service
• Worked together with families
• Updated clients’ status in the database
High School Diploma
Houston Community School, Houston, TX | 2019
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Internet and Email
• Demonstrated ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willing to work on weekends and holidays
Excellent references available
Note: Don’t forget to send a compelling cover letter for a caregiver with your job application materials.