A Caregiver is responsible for providing compassionate care to elderly clients or children. They are required to perform their duties with enthusiasm and compassion.
In order to apply for a caregiver job, you need to write a good resume and a cover letter.
The following resume sample for a Caregiver position will help you craft your resume. This sample can be used both by elderly or child caregivers who have less experience in hand.
Note: Don’t forget to send a compelling cover letter for a caregiver with your job application materials.
Sample Resume for Caregiver
With Less Experience
12 8th SE Street, Houston, TX 32589
Looking for a position as a Caregiver in a domestic setting, making the most of my personal care skills and housekeeping abilities.
• Eight months’ hands-on experience in providing compassionate care to the elderly and children.
• Expert in helping clients with ambulation and exercises.
• Able to search on the internet and find the best solution for the health and pleasure of the elderly and children.
• Excellent understanding of document preparation and record keeping.
• Very skilled in preparing and planning meals.
ABC Company – Houston, TX
May 2019 – Jan 2020
• Provided help to residents in performing everyday tasks such as grooming and personal hygiene
• Assisted clients in housekeeping, food preparation, and laundry
• Attended social trips with residents and ensured their safety
• Helped clients to attend group activities for social pleasure and learning
• Notified manager of changes in the state of residents and suggested adjustments in the level of care and service
• Worked together with families
• Updated clients’ status in the database
High School Diploma
Houston Community School, Houston, TX | 2014
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Internet and Email
• Demonstrated ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willing to work on weekends and holidays
Excellent references available