A Caregiver is responsible for providing compassionate care to the elderly clients or children with enthusiasm and devotion.
In order to apply for a caregiver job, you need to write a good resume and a cover letter. The following resume sample for a Caregiver position will help you craft your resume. This sample can be used both by elderly or child caregivers who have less experience in hand.
Note: Don’t forget to send a compelling cover letter for caregiver with you job application materials.
12 8th SE Street | Houston, TX 32589
(000) 999-5214 | [Email]
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a position as a Caregiver at a domestic setting making the most of personal care skills and housekeeping abilities.
• 8 months’ hands-on experience in working with elderly and children
• Expert in helping clients with ambulation and exercises
• Able to search on internet and find the best solution for the health and pleasure of elderly and children
• Excellent understanding of documents preparation and record keeping
• Very skilled in preparing and planing meals
• Skilled in using software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
ABC Company – Houston, TX
Elderly Caregiver | May 2014 – Jan 2015
• Provided help to residents in performing everyday tasks such as grooming and personal hygiene
• Assisted clients in housekeeping, food preparation and laundry
• Attended social trips with residents and ensured their safety
• Attended group activities for social pleasure and learning
• Notified manager of changes in state of residents and suggested adjustments in level of care and service
• Worked together with residents’ families and updated clients’ status in database
High School Diploma | Houston Community School, Houston, TX | 2014
• Demonstrated ability to work individually without supervision and in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ready to work on weekends and holidays owing a flexible timetable
REFERENCES: Available on request