The main purpose of a Library Assistant Resume is to earn a job interview rather than the job itself. In order to inspire potential employers in giving you an interview call, your resume needs to be relevant to the job description and employer’s specific needs. This is why customized and tailored resumes are more effective than generic ones.
Candidates often make a master resume and keep using it when they apply for a new job. This practice can damage one’s candidacy since generic resumes usually yield no positive results and constant job rejections cause frustration. Customized resumes, on the other hand, are very brief editions of the master resume that are designed while keeping a certain position at a specific firm in mind.
Below are library assistant resume samples for your further guidance in this regard.
|45 Everest Blvd • Cincinnati, OH 86404|
(006) 333-2222 • leonard @ email . com
Highly accomplished and industrious library paraprofessional with hands-on experience in performing clerical duties associated with library and media centre. Analytical minded individual, competent in record keeping, source referencing and material location. Substantial knowledge of contemporary standard library practices, procedures and equipment. Full command over the Dewey decimal classification system
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Cataloging||– Bibliography||– Inventory Management|
|– Shelf Stocking||– Material Circulation||– Late Fine Collection|
|– Publisher Information||– Report Writing||– Budgeting|
|– Membership Issuance||– Reading Advisory||– File Retrieval|
• Reduced material location time by 7 minutes per inquiry through implementation of an effective cataloging system.
• Organized two high level community services projects at the library successfully aimed at spreading awareness regarding importance of literacy.
• Acquired automated referencing software for the library, installed it in all available systems and conducted tutorials to guide users regarding same.
PUBLIC LIBRARY, Cincinnati, OH
Library Assistant, 5/2011 to Present
• Keep record of all materials issued and checked-in to the library including the media section
• Assist visitors in locating the required materials
• Maintain all shelves in a neat and clean order and uphold all soft copy data files in an easily retrievable manner
• Conduct bibliographic checking and maintain updated version of publisher’s catalog
WHITMAN COLLEGE, Cincinnati, OH
Circulation Assistant, 7/2008 to 4/2011
• Handled the circulation desk and took responsibility for the library operations during evening hours and weekends
• Responded to directional and location inquiries regarding resource material
• Assisted the patrons in usage of printers, photocopy machines and library media equipment
• Facilitated the students and teachers in generating appropriately formatted references to resources used
UNIVERSAL COLLEGE, Cincinnati, OH, 2008
B.S., Library Sciences
389 Windsong Drive, Henderson, NV 73636
(902) 911-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a position as a Library Assistant with Greenwich Library utilizing expertise in library resource management to provide excellence in patron services.
• Over three years’ experience as a Library Assistant
• Highly skilled in providing assistant to library patrons in regards to circulation and readers’ advisory services
• In depth knowledge of methods to locate resources for patrons
• Hands on experience in information retrieval and general library management
• Computer – Exceptional expertise in MS Office Suite
• Bilingual – Able to communicate in English and Spanish
• Proven ability to work with all types of library materials
• Profound organizational skills
• Able to work with a diverse group of people
• Reorganized the library retrieval system by managing an alphabetical sequence
• Organized readers’ groups to encourage young readers’ participation and interest in libraries
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
June 2009 – Present
Sedenton Public Library, Henderson, NV
• Catalogue and code library books and other equipment
• Check books and other materials in and out
• Maintain records of all checks in and checks out
• Assist patrons is using library material effectively
• Troubleshoot and provide maintenance on library resources
• Provide answers to basic reference questions
• Repair damaged library resources
• Shop for new books and resources as and when required
Rhodes University – 2007
Bachelors of Arts in Library Sciences