Creating a targeted resume for the position of an apparel designer can be a tricky task, since the field is quite specific and many skills that usually form a part of every resume may be considered irrelevant in this case.
For designing a winning resume for the position of an apparel designer, you need to be extra selective regarding your skills.
Being an Arts position, the resume must be very unique and highly job relevant to earn you an interview. Following is one example of a resume for an Apparel designer.
Apparel Designer Resume Sample
389 Harvest Lane ♦ Hinsdale, IL 89223 ♦ (788) 666-777 ♦ gracie.hill @ email . com
PROFILE: A dedicated apparel designer with a keen eye for the emerging trends in fashion industry. Great creative designing skills with experience in formal and semiformal women’s wear designing. Exceptional sense of aesthetics, knowhow of ever changing trends in apparel and fashion related predictive powers.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Adept at generating theme based designs
• Ability to lead and groom a new, fresh team of designers
• Well versed in graphic demonstrations of new designs
• Demonstrated ability to remain update with upcoming fashion drifts in apparel
• Quick in grasping and applying the fashion market trends
Fashion designer | Modern Wear, Hinsdale, IL | Oct 2010 – Present
• Design sample articles for women belonging to various age groups
• Plan and execute marketing strategies for the promotion of company’s latest designer collections
• Create graphic samples of new designs
• Organize and monitor promotional photo shoot sessions, assist in decisions regarding backgrounds and model get ups
• Designed a whole Christmas themed wardrobe for ‘the Runway’ on behalf of Modern Wear and secured the second prize
• Organized an exclusive photo Shoot of special collection on company’s silver jubilee, that paid off in form of a two page coverage in the Vogue magazine
• Planned and led numerous theme based wardrobe collections with a team of seven young fashion designers and showcased the collection on various runways nationwide during fashion week, 2012.
Fashion Designing Intern | Classy Apparel, Chicago, IL | summer 2011
• Communicated original designs via sketching
• Assisted in product related showcasing and photo sessions
• Coordinated with the team of designers and team lead daily regarding themes and color schemes
• Created graphic images of company’s exclusive designer apparel for promotion on media
• Graphic designing software including coral draw
• Team leading
• Assistance in Promotional Photo shoots
• Monitoring the tailoring department vigilantly
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
Masters in Fashion Designing